➳ 89: voodoo in my blood

"HOPE, what's wrong?" Ingrid asked her daughter upon walking into the room.

Hope was walking around the table where the mandible lied with a ring of salt around it. She was listening intently, almost as though the bone was speaking to her.

"Mom? Can you hear them, too?" She asked the hybrid with an uneasy look on her face.

Klaus walked into the room to see Ingrid pulled Hope away from the table in fear and looked to his wife for answers. "What's going on?"

"Tell me what you heard." Ingrid requested from the child in a stern tone.

"Voices. They said that we're connected to this. You and me." Hope explained, looking directly at the female hybrid.

Ingrid spared a terrified glance at Klaus, who gestured to the mandible with an angry scowl. "If this fossil has been whispering lies, I'll gladly throw it in the river."

Hope looked at him and shook her head. "No. Not the bone. The witches. The Ancestors. They have a message for us. A warning."

"What did they say?" Ingrid questioned in concern.

"They want you to go to St. Anne's Church to talk to them. They said you have to do exactly what they say, and you have to do it now. Before the Hollow comes for us." The Mikaelson witch explain and stared at the mandible with a far off look.

Ingrid turned to Klaus and gave him a meaningful expression which he returned. She then looked at Hope and gave her a small smile. "Why don't you go play with Eirik upstairs? Mom and dad will handle this."

Hope nodded in understanding and ran off to find Eirik while Ingrid and Klaus both sighed heavily.

"Please don't go." Elijah pleaded his sister-in-law just as she was about to walk out of the compound.

"Excuse me?" She remarked in annoyance and spun around to face him. "You screwed something up with Vincent yesterday and now I have to clean up your mess. You slit the throats of four witches, Elijah."

"That was a necessity." Elijah defended his actions sternly.

Ingrid raised an eyebrow and gave him a face of disbelief. "Was it though? You're always running off to do whatever it is you think is best without running it by either of us. News flash, Elijah. Your plans tend to be the ones that ruin everything or get someone killed. You have to think with more than what is directly in front of you. Every action has a consequence and you have to weigh whether the actions are worth the consequences."

"We are at war with a creature we barely understand." Elijah reminded her with narrowed eyes.

"You don't think I know that?" She snapped and took a step toward him. "I am standing in the middle of all of it. We have no idea what this thing is or how to stop it. We can't act alone anymore. We need help."

"She's not wrong. We do need allies." Klaus agreed with his wife and Ingrid gestured toward him with a pleased expression while mocking Elijah. "While we appeal to the local spirits, you and Marcel should marshal forces."

"I beg your pardon." Elijah replied in offense, gaping at him in disbelief.

"We are in a race to find those bones. Marcel knows the city. He's the enemy of our enemy. Look, perhaps it's time to mend bridges, rather than throw people off them. Hmm?" Klaus threw in his face before turning on his heel to walk away.