➳ 20: always and forever

ELIJAH arrived at the cemetery with Sophie Deveraux to discuss a plan to stop the unlawful murder of witches in the New Orleans quarter. "So, how do you propose this will work?"

"Your brother needs to cement his place in Marcel's world. His inner circle, the daywalkers-- that's where we begin. They're his friends, his family. We'll be hitting him where it hurts." Sophie explained as she and Elijah arrived to the gate. Sophie opened the squeaking gate and entered the cemetery. Elijah stopped in front of the entry with a frown and Sophie turned around with a face of realization. "This is sacred ground, which means vampires have to be invited in. But, since I'm desperate... Come on in." She invited him then turned her back on him, walking away.

Elijah hovered his foot over the threshold then took a successful step forward, able to enter the cemetery as he pleased. "We can talk freely here." Sophie informed him with a pointed look.

Elijah followed her, his eyes narrowed impatiently as they came to a stop in front of a mausoleum. "I suggest you start talking. What did your sister want with Niklaus?"

Sophie scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Isn't it obvious? We have a vampire problem, and we need help. Marcel has an army backing him. The witches have been trying to fight back. We haven't had much luck, until my sister Jane-Anne met a girl, one with a special connection to your brother." She informed him with a slight smile.

Elijah's eyes narrowed as she spoke and he took a step toward her. "What kind of connection?"

"A hybrid – she's pregnant. And the father of the child she's carrying is your brother Klaus." Sophie explained to him.

Elijah paused for a second as his eyes darterd back and forth and he shook his head. "That's impossible."

"Nothing is impossible, especially not when it comes to your brother." Sophie argued sternly and shifted in her feet and changing her tone to amazement. "Think about it – they call him the hybrid, right?" She raised her voice and turned her head. "Bring her out!"

Two witches then carried out a certain brunette, who was wearing handcuffs on her wrists, by the elbows. She pulled out of the grip and sneered furiously at them. "Get your filthy hands off me."

Once she came into view, Elijah let out a loud, deep breath and glanced at her in confusion and concern. "Ingrid."

"Elijah." Ingrid greeted him in genuine relief and walked toward him. "I am pleased to see you. A little help?" She questioned with a sheepish smile and held her wrists out. When she noticed the witches glares, she gave them an annoyed expression. "I'm not going to kill you." She remarked causing them to give her unconvinced faces. "On my word. I would like to have my free will please!"

Elijah snapped his fingers at them and turned to Sophie with a nonegotiable expression. "Unchain her."

Sophie stared at him for a moment then at the hybrid before nodding to the witches. She then turned back to Elijah with a hopeful face.

Elijah glanced at her for a second before taking a step forward and giving her a stern expression. "I need some time alone with Ingrid and I need it now."

The Mikaelsons were in one of the mausoleums, Ingrid was pacing back and forth frantically while Elijah sat down on the bench with a composed manner. She turned to him with her hands raised up in the air, her face holding so many emotions at once. "Tell me they're lying. Please. Please. There is absolutely no way that I am pregnant."