➳ 106: there in the disappearing light

"DO it again." Klaus encouraged in between groans of pain after he pulled himself up off the shattered remains of the dinning table. "Harder this time. All of that pain, that simmering darkness. You need to purge it before it eats you alive." He encouraged Hope to use her full strength against him in a stern tone.

Hope had her back to him, clutching the banister of the stairs and panting heavily as the whispering continued on in her head. "Dad!"

"Give me your anger, Hope!" He yelled loudly, blood pouring from wounds on his forehead.

Hope turned around quickly to face him and screamed at the top of her lungs before using her magic to throw him harshly against the wall. His back smacked against the wall then he fell down onto the ground with a loud thud. He pulled himself up into a sitting position and leaned against the wall.

"It's not working." Hope groaned in frustration, shaking her head, and walked toward Ingrid, who was sitting in one of the armchairs across the room and reading a book.

"Here." Ingrid leaned over and handed her a water bottle, not looking away from the page she was on. Hope thanked her breathlessly and chugged the water. "Slow down." Ingrid advised sternly and raised an eyebrow. "You'll make yourself vomit."

Klaus composed himself and looked at their daughter with a pointed expression. "You're holding back."

"You really think I want to feel this way?" Hope snapped incredulously and glared at him. "No matter how hard I try to get it out, I don't feel any better. You're not the one I want to hurt." She admitted with a loud sigh.

Ingrid lowered her book and shared a knowing expression with Klaus. He pulled himself off the ground and walked toward them with a nod. "Give us a name."

Roman Sienna was lying on his bed, flicking a lighter back and forth and staring at the flame.. "I know my sister told you guys to watch me, but this is getting kind of creepy, don't you think? So, what? Hmm?" He questioned the two vampires standing guard and walked toward the window, staring out with a longing expression. "What, am I supposed to spend all eternity holed up in this stupid room? Will you guys just say something?" He snapped in frustration and turned around to see Klaus and Ingrid killing his guards.

Ingrid wiped the blood from the corner of her mouth and stalked toward him with a dark look in her eyes. "Care to humor me on how you're still alive?" She asked curiously and raised an eyebrow. "Last I checked... I took a pretty decent sized bite out of you last time I saw you."

"Klaus' blood was on the floor and I'm not ashamed to admit I licked it up." Roman explained and stepped away from her until his back made contact with the cold surface of the window. "Get it over with." He closed his eyes and cowered away from them, unable to take the tension any longer.

"Oh, we're reserving that honor for someone we love very much." Klaus responded coldly and smirked sinisterly at him. "Ingrid." He motioned toward the vampire and looked to his wife.

She smirked proudly at him and nodded her head. "Gladly." She mused before snapping Roman's neck and watching his unconscious body fall to the ground with a loud thud.

The couple brought Roman back to the Abattoir and threw his body down in the dungeon underground. He was hung up by chains around his wrists and his body dangled amongst them. Klaus grabbed a bucket of water and tossed it at him causing Roman to stir and cough harshly. He opened his eyes to see the Mikaelson come standing before him with blank looks on their faces. He tried to back away only to find that he was bound in place and struggled against the chains.