50.

A/n Long chapter guys, get ready, lots of things happen ;)

Chapter 50 | Eggnogg

Isabella:

I was confused.

This whole 'friendship' dynamic I had created with Lucas was messing with my head and giving me a major migraine.

I couldn't decide for the love of me what I truly wanted with him.

One minute I hated his ass...and then the next I was acting all chummy with him. I mean, only two nights ago I had been doubting everything and rationalising why I had to stay away from Lucas and then yesterday I was joking about with him when we were building snowmen and now today I was having a whole ass movie marathon with him? What the hell did I want?

I didn't know if I wanted to stay the hell away from him, to simply be platonic with him...or if I wanted something more and that thought alone, that mere consideration of wanting something more with Lucas instantly sets off alarm bells in my brain.

I knew the best thing to do would be to keep things mutual between us and to try to keep my distance. With everything I had associated Lucas with - my eating disorder, my first heartbreak...it really was best for me to keep away but the issue was...that I couldn't. Every time I tried, something, some force, pushed me back to Lucas or pulled him back to me.

***

"Eggnog really?" I quirk an eyebrow as Dylan uncovers the tall glass and places the drink on the kitchen table.

"With extra rum baby," Dylan grins mischievously, shrugging off his jacket and throwing it across the chair before moving around the kitchen in search of empty glasses. "My mama makes it the best."

"I'm sure she does," I grin back, glancing at the drink - it looked really good. "But I don't want to get alcohol poisoning Dyl, God knows how much you put in there."

He waves his hand dismissively, his back still turned to me. "You won't get alcohol poisoning Bell...as long as you don't consume a lot."

I laugh before looking over my shoulder to see Lucas strolling into the kitchen, slapping the top of the doorframe with his palms on the way through.

"Is that Mama O'Grady's eggnog? Please tell me it is," he asks excitedly, his gaze falling on the drink sitting on the table.

I nod my head, answering for Dylan, my eyes quickly scanning over Lucas' tall frame as he makes his way over to me. He's wearing a green, knit Christmas style patterned jumper paired with blue jeans. The jumper is quite frankly ugly...but somehow Lucas pulls it off.

He hops up on the table top, smirking at me as he notices me checking him out and I quickly drag my eyes away.

Grabbing the tall glass, he makes a groan of appreciation before taking a long swig of the thick drink causing me to scrunch my nose up in distaste.

"Ew Lucas, use a glass."

As he pulls the bottle away from his lips, a moustache of eggnog lines his upper lip and I snort at how ridiculous he looks. Wiping the residue with the back of his hand he hands me the glass and motions for me to drink.

He smiles in satisfaction when I roll my eyes and take a swig. Damn, Dylan's mom does make it good.

"Aw look, we indirectly kissed." Lucas states, jumping back off the counter, the corner of his lips quirking into a smirk before swinging an arm around my shoulders. "Now my DNA is in your body for 6 months."