63.

Chapter 63 | New years resolutions

Lucas:

***

Dad

Dad: Where are you?

Dad:
Pick up the phone.

***

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" A gruff voice greets me the moment I pick up.

Ah, the first call I get from my either one of my parents since they left for Switzerland 9 days ago and I don't even get a proper greeting.

I sigh and begin to manoeuvre my way past the crowds and make my way up the second floor before peeking into various rooms to see if they're empty so I can take the call. After pushing open the second door, I find a vacant room at last and my eyes scour the interior to double check that it's empty before I stroll in and shut the door behind me.

"Sheesh, I don't even get a hello?"

"Don't give me attitude Lucas. Where. Are. You?" My father continues to grit out.

"What's it to you, aren't you guys still in Switzerland?"

"No. We arrived back 20 minutes ago."

I blink. "You're back?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me? You didn't even call-"

"Are you at another Goddamn party?" He cuts me off, not even bothering to listen to what I have to say. I literally have to pull the phone away from my ear and stare at it incredulously. The audacity of these two jeez.

"Yes, I'm at a party," I respond curtly.

My father scoffs and I roll my eyes, beginning to walk deeper into the room.

I hear him start to bark something else into the phone but my focus is completely out of it because I'm too busy having a fucking heart attack and almost dropping my phone in shock when the sight of another figure suddenly catches me off guard. Jeez, I thought I was alone in here.

I clutch a hand to my heart and squint to take a better look at who the person is, the darkness in the room making it hard to see and ever more so seeing as they're not even standing in the room but in the balcony attached.

Looking closer however, I notice that it's a girl with her back faced to me. She is leaning over the railing slightly, on her tiptoes with her arms resting on the metal bars. The cold wind, wraps around her, ruffling her hair and the flowy part of her dress. Her head is lifted slightly as she gazes up at the sky, more so at the moon that shines brightly in the middle of the dark night. Although the girl is merely a silhouette in the darkness of the room, she is easily recognisable to me as Isabella. What's she doing up here all alone?

"Lucas? Did you hear what I said?" My fathers voice breaks me out of my trance and I furrow my eyebrows, drawing my eyes off of Isabella who still hasn't taken notice of me yet.

"Oh sorry what?"

"I said bring your ass back pronto, your mother wants to spend new year's eve with you seeing as how we missed Christmas."