93.

Chapter 93 | Secret meetings

Lucas:

"Go on Isabella!" Imani, Isabella's mentee shoves her forward, before peeking around my girlfriend and giggling when she sees me, her small hand covering her mouth, mischief flaring in her eyes.

I shove my phone into my pocket and quirk an eyebrow as I flick my eyes between the two. "What have we got here?" I ask, amused at how awkward Bella looks and how Imani is practically vibrating with excitement behind her.

Isabella steps forward as Imani pushes her once more. "Just go along with this, alright?" She tells me, throwing me a look as she lowers her voice.

"Okay..." I respond, curiosity lacing my voice, a little unsure of what to expect.

What I don't anticipate at all however, is Bella to bring out a ginormous card, half the size of her, from behind her back and present it to me.

The card is bright purple, the paper completely weighed down with stickers and glitter and feathers and string.

My lips twitch with greater amusement as I take the card from her and open it up, almost coughing from the amount of glitter that erupts from the inside, covering my face and hair with pink sparkles. "Oh...this is very pretty." I smile, wiping away glitter with the back of my hand, trying to seem pleased for Imani's benefit who eyes me anticipatingly as I begin to read the inside of the card.

Be my boyfrend card, made by Imani for Isabela too give too her crush.

As my eyes scan the kid handwriting laced with several spelling errors, Isabella clears her throat and speaks up.

"Ehem, Lucas, will you be my boyfriend?"

My eyes glance back onto her.

Isabella blinks up at me, but widens her eyes slightly in warning when my gaze meets hers. The look screams 'please just do this properly'

I grin and Bella immediately exhales in defeat at the look.

"Sorry?" I pretend like I didn't hear her properly, just to tease her. "What did you say? I missed that."

Isabella grumbles 'I knew you'd be impossible,' under her breath before speaking again.

"Lucas," she all but sighs, repeating her question. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Boy-friend?" I act like I don't know what the word means, scrunching up my face in mock confusion. "But I'm already your friend who is a boy?"

"Lucas-"

"Does that mean all this time I thought we were friends when we weren't?" I gasp and mock frown.

"Lucas-"

"Wow. All this time." I shake my head. "Thanks a lot Isabella, now I'm sad."

"Lucas-"

"Stop being so silly!" Imani cuts Isabella off, moving to stand in front of Bella with her hands on her hips, her eyebrows furrowed together, a frown playing on her lips as she cranes her neck to stare up at me. "Sorry for using a not nice word to describe you but stop joking around." She juts a small thumb back at Isabella. "Isabella is being completely, seriously, serious here!"

"Whaaaat?" I slowly raise my palms up in surrender and struggle to fight back a smile at Imani telling me off. "I just didn't know what the word meant."

"Yes you do! You-you're old! Of course you know what the word boyfriend means!"

"I didn't."

"Yes you did!"