41.

Chapter 41 | Dancing on coffee tables & flashing people her underwear

Lucas:

My team mates had convinced me to throw yet another party at my house.

Yes, another one.

It had been what? 5 days since the last but with my parents gone for an extra 3 weeks and our win about two hours ago, I had been easily persuaded to host a one in celebration.

"Hey man," Jeremy greets, slapping my back as I allow him, his boyfriend Max and the several other guys from school that stand behind him on the porch steps, into my house.

He thrusts forward a 6 pack of beer into my arms causing me to quirk an eyebrow.

Jeremy, the goody two shoes who has never drank and barely attends parties unless it's for something celebratory, smiles sheepishly. "Stole it from my parents stash, my dad won't know it's missing," he explains letting out a low chuckle.

"Man we're not a good influence on you," I respond with a shake of my head and mirroring his laugh.

"If it makes you feel better, I'm not planning on drinking, I just wanted to bring something because I feel bad the others practically forced you to hold this party last minute."

"It's all good bro, you know I would've held another party sooner or later anyways."

He shrugs and I move to the side to allow the rest of the guys to move deeper into the house.

"Drinks are in the kitchen," I tell them and the nod, congratulating me as they walk past.

I prop the door open, an invitation for any party goers in the neighbourhood that this is an open party, and head towards the living room so that I can fiddle with the music.

As I'm about to step inside the room however, a loud, booming voice catches my attention causing me to step back and glance over my shoulder to see Dylan stumbling through the hallways.

"HI LULU!" He yells, almost tripping over his own two feet as he approaches me. He swings an arm around my shoulder. "THE FUN IS HERE!"

"Don't tell me you're already drunk," I snort, dragging him into the living room with me. His head lolls before he turns to gaze up at me, his big blue eyes blood shot.

He nods his head eagerly. "I drank on the way here," he giggles, patting me on the stomach.

"You're on road into becoming an alcoholic Dyl." I shake my head as I prop him down on the sofa and turn to my laptop where it's connected to the speakers blaring Goosebumps by Chase Atlantic and Travis Scott. I click the volume button a couple of times.

My friend waves his hand dismissively. "I've got this under control Lu, I've only had two drinks this entire month."

"It's the first of December."

"Exactly," he nods proudly. "I've only had two or seven shots of the Ciroc that Aidan managed to get from the convenience store near my house because he looks thirty," Dylan explains, running his hand through his blonde curls. "And I'm not going to drink anymore here...well maybe except a beer or five."

I turn to glare at Dylan sternly. "No you're not," I begin. "You're visiting your grandmother tomorrow and I don't think granny O'Grady would appreciate her grandson being too hungover to knit with her."

At this, Dylan slumps further down into the sofa and huffs before kicking his legs childishly.

I ignore his immature behaviour. "Did Aidan not come with you?" I ask instead, speaking loudly over the music.