77.

a/n writing this chapter had me squealing like a little bitch, it's a long one so get prepared, mwah x

Chapter 77 | Surprise, surprise

Isabella:

"Guys I can't hold it on anymore, I'm in love with Lucas!"

With a frustrated groan, the balloon pump in my hand drops to the ground abruptly and I rub my eyes exhaustedly as I fall back onto the bed with a thump.

Mia and Grace don't even falter in their steps at my sudden burst of exclamation.

Mia pauses for a fraction of a second before resuming with fixing Grace's hair and Grace barely even blinks.

"Ya, we know," she instead replies casually, both of their unbothered and calm demeanours a complete paradox to my almost hysterical one.

"I don't know what to do!" I wail dramatically, throwing my hands up into the air.

Mia stops fiddling with the bobby pins in Grace's hair and turns to glance at me. "How about telling him," she says pointedly after throwing me a dead look. "He said it himself that he has feelings for you."

"I've tried!" I splutter out in exclamation. "Four freaking times, but my mouth keeps betraying me!"

"Four times?" Mia repeats, raising her eyebrows in slight disbelief.

"Yes, four times!"

After the first time of trying to confess my feelings at the car wash, I had tried a second time on the drive home but had frozen up and instead had mumbled out something along the lines of "I really like your face" to which Lucas had replied with "same" and laughed like it had been the funniest joke on earth.

The third time had been a couple of days afterwards, we had been on the way to Target to pick up a couple of items abuela had needed for cooking and I had tried to blurt it out but had failed and then the fourth time had been yesterday, he had come over to my house after having a bad day and as we had just been hanging out I had again, tried to tell him but nothing would leave my mouth.

At this point I was considering just to simply text him the damn sentence seeing as how my body was betraying me.

"How about just writing him a note like he does to you?" Grace offers before yelping when Mia tugs harshly on a piece of her hair.

"I-" I open, then close my mouth and think over her suggestion for a second. "You know what," I begin slowly after a moment of thought, "that's not a half bad idea."

"Yeah, that's actually kind of cute," Mia adds. "Especially because notes are your little thing."

"That's true..."

Mia then presses a hand to her heart as I begin to contemplate actually doing Grace's idea.

"Ugh. You guys are so adorable it hurts," she cries, letting out a dramatic 'aw' and drawing my attention back onto her.

I make a face before sitting back up on the bed and patting down my hair. "Do you two by any chance have any paper?"

"I think there's an old receipt in my bag you can write behind," Grace offers, pointing a finger at her purse hanging on the door handle. "There might be a notebook or something inside too, I'm not sure but check."

I nod and lift myself from off the bed. "Okay, thanks."

I find an old, tattered mini notebook as well as a pen amongst the mess in Grace's bag. Making my way back to the bed, I sit cross legged on the duvet and open up the notebook to a fresh page.