07.

Chapter 7 | Dinner at the Huongs

Isabella:

Thanks for the ride!" I say to Sammy as we pull up in front of Mia's house. "It was so nice to finally meet you!"

He spins around in his seat and sends me a smile. "You too!"

We had spent majority of the day with Sammy, who is an absolute sweetheart. I can see why Mia adores him so much, he really is the perfect guy for her. It was my first time meeting him in real life and we all ventured to the mall, Sammy cracking us all up as we walked around the shops.

I've noticed that the two have very contrasting personalities. Whilst Mia is crude, loud and a very bubbly person, Sammy is the complete opposite: shy, timid and really quiet. But they balance each other out really well and I can see how much he loves my best friend so I'm extremely happy for them both.

I chuckle in reply as we clamber out of the car. "I'll walk you guys to the door," he says wrapping an arm around Mia's shoulder to which Grace sighs at wistfully.

"What a gentleman."

I nod in agreement as we walk up the porch steps and the door flies open.

"You guys are finally here!" Linh greets with a smile and her grin doubles as she spots Sammy next to us, who waves to her in greeting.

"Hiya love, you staying for dinner?"

"Sorry I can't," He shoots her a guilty look. "I have to visit my grandma tonight."

Linh frowns. "That's a shame, make sure to come round another day, okay Sammy?"

"I will do!" He kisses Mia on the forehead before retreating down the porch steps. "Bye guys! I'll see you all soon." He bids goodbye and goes back to his car as Linh hauls us inside.

As I'm shrugging off my jacket to hang up on the coat rack, Lucy, Grace's little sister skids into the hall way and stops short at the sight of us.

"Oh it's just you," she says with a frown, crossing her arms across her chest.

I chuckle. "Hi to you too Luce."

She lifts her eyes up to meet my gaze. "Sorry," she apologises, looking quite sheepish before wrapping her arms around me for a quick hug. "I'm glad to see you Isabella...I just was expecting someone else."

Grace furrows her eyebrows in confusion at her little sister. "Who?"

"Dylan." Lucy stares off into the distance dreamily and sighs as Mia chokes on her spit and begins spluttering out in laughter.

"Dylan?" She says in between giggles. "As in our Dylan?"

She nods her head vigorously. "Yep is he coming?"

Grace shakes her head looking quite traumatised. "No why are you expecting Dylan?"

"Because I'm in love with him!" She replies in a 'duh' sort of way, to which I join Mia and also begin choke out in laughter as Grace stands beside her sister looking quite mortified.

"Why are you guys laughing at me?" Lucy huffs, her cheeks tinging pink. "Age is just a number you know!"

Her statement just sets me off into more laughter and I'm struggling to breathe by this point. "Lucy...I don't think he'll be interested in you."

"Why?" She asks, her face scrunching up in anger. "I know I'm only 11 but in a couple of years that won't even matter!"

"No it's not that," Mia replies, making a dismissive gesture with her hand. "He won't like you because he doesn't like girls babe."