16.

Chapter 16 | Homecoming game

Isabella:

Haha you're fucked," Mia giggles, as we're at her house the next day getting ready for the homecoming game.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean by fucked?"

"I mean, have you seen Lucas play? He's fucking fantastic, as is Dylan and Aidan and that boy Robby too, 5 touchdowns will be a piece of cake for them."

"I agree," Grace nods, brushing her long hair into a high ponytail. We're all wearing the school colours and Grace has Aidan's surname, Moore, sprawled across the back of her shirt and his name painted across her cheeks.

Mia and I have O'Grady written on our backs and Dylan painted on our faces and the banners that we would be waving are propped against the bedroom door.

Ivy would be doing the same to Lucas and several other students would be doing the same to the other players of the Lakeside Lions.

I groan, falling face flat on Mia's bed. "I didn't think this through did I?" I kick my arms and legs childishly. "I am not coming to homecoming on a bloody motorcycle!"

"It's too late too back out now Bella," Grace smirks wickedly and Mia nods her head vigorously.

"A bets a bet."

***

"GO LIONS GO!" Everybody begins to chant simultaneously, shoving banners into the air and blowing whistles and all kind of noisy devices as the Lakeside Lions run onto the pitch.

Cheers erupt from all around, the horns blare loudly and the screams are almost deafening - but I'm too excited to care.

The cheerleaders begin their perfectly choreographed routine, shoving their pom-poms into the air and Mia, Grace and I begin jeering and yelling like crazy.

The game shortly begins and not long after is it evident that the Lakesiders have a clear advantage in the game. It's only the first quarter - scratch that it's only the first 20 minutes and the lions are absolutely destroying Tervalley Tigers.

Now, I don't know much about American football, but when everybody on the stands wearing purple and yellow begin to scream and jump up and down like crazy it can only mean one thing.

"The first touchdown of the game," Mia explains with a proud smile playing on her lips. "And you'll never guess by who."

"Who?"

Her smile grows and a wicked twinkle appears in her eye. "Lucas fucking Miller."

***

In all honesty, the rest of the game is intense and although I literally have no clue what it is that is exactly happening, I make sure to cheer and scream in what I think is all the rights places. However, Mia does have to stop me from jeering loudly a handful of times when I accidentally begin cheering for the opposing team on accident.

Also throughout the game, my eyes have been zeroed in on Aidan, Lucas and Dylan, following their football kit clad bodies as they run across the astro turf. I can feel the adrenaline radiating off of them as they catch and throw the ball. The crowd continuously mirror their excitement, the atmosphere buzzing with tension and enthusiasm and it's quite exhilarating.

"Go Lucas go!" Ivy screams at the top of her lungs from where she's situated in the row directly in-front of me. The game even seems to have brought Luna out of her quiet shell as I see her cheer loudly too.