Chapter 13- Late night adventure

Kayla's POV

I didn't go down for dinner. I had lost my appetite thinking about having to sit with those people for dinner. No one forced me to go downstairs, they gave me the space I wanted.

Or maybe they just didn't care enough.

I made sure to wait a bit after they had dinner to see if anyone was going to come in but no one did. I made sure the door was locked that's when I started to get ready.

I pulled my bag out from under my bed and I took out a fifty dollar note. Not bothering to change out of my purple jumper and leggings. I fix my hair into a bun and then put on my runner.

I'm gonna need my coat but its downstairs I guess I'm going out coatless.

My bedroom window faces the backgarden. Now there is no way I can initially get down there without breaking an ankle or any type of bone. So I invested in a handy rope ladder. No one has seen it cause I've only ever use it during the dark.

Sometimes I wonder why I just don't use the front door because they probably wouldn't notice. But I only use this for when I'm grounded.

I make sure its tied down securely before I climb out of my window and down it. When my feet touch the ground I slightly peek my head to see who is the living room through the back door.

Dad, Louise, and bobby are snuggled up on the couch together. Along with Ethan.

I sigh and move towards my side gate to leave. Since I can't lock it from the inside I grab a brick that is always kept in the lane behind a bin and put it up against the door so it stays closed.

Plugging in my earphones I make my way down the dimly lit street. When I'm walking by the houses I always love to see if I can see into others peoples houses as I walk by. To see if I can get a glimpse of what other peoples lives are like. Something that will show me that it isn't just my family that isn't perfect.

****

I have been probably been walking for fifteen as I reach to a park that I wanted to vist.

As I make my way through the park, You can't even see anything because it is so poorly lit. Who knows maybe I'll get kidnapped?

I make my way towards a specific feild. As I get closer to the middle of the feild. I take my bag off my shoulders laying it flat down on the grass. Then I lay down, resting my head on the bag.

The stars. Sadly no shooting stars but I can work with this. Even if it helps me feel somewhat close to my Mom.

(A/N- any flashbacks will be in third person btw)

' "Stella are you sure about this? It's very dark." Lance looked around the dimly lit park. As he clutched onto his oldest daughters and his second youngest son hands.

"Lance stop being a big baby and live a little. Come on!" Stella nodded her head towards the park. As she held her youngest daughter in her arms and her youngest boy by the hand.

The oldest son tried to act tough but as they started walking along through the park he gripped onto his older sisters hand.

"Stella I think we have gone far enough?" Lance glanced around the park but it was harder to see because it got darker and darker as they walked along. He wasn't looking for his family to be murdered any time soon and he felt like this was just asking for it to happen.