Chapter 25- Stuck up

Kayla's POV

"Lee?"

A woman with short, straight brown hair stepped out from the kitchen. She wore a nude, tight dress and a pair of heels. Her makeup was light showing off her natural beauty. Her posture was tall and straight showing off her confidence as she stood in front of us.

Louise paused in her movements up the stairs as she turned to look at the woman who just came out of the kitchen. Her face scrunched up in confusion. Just like me, I was just as confused.

I looked to Lee. His face didn't show much emotion, more like he was hiding his feelings in front of this woman. It wouldn't take a scientist to work out their relation because they looked exactly a like. But clearly it would for Louise.

"You two know eachother?" Louise asked, her finger pointing inbetween them.

The woman's mood instantly changed her face removing any frowning wrinkles to a bright smile. "Yes Louise this is actually my other son Lee. He was suppost to show up with us but I guess..." Her eyes looked me up and down but gave me a smile before continuing. "...He was with this girl, which I'm assuming your Kayla?"

"The one and only." I mumbled. Wrapping my arms around myself feeling the coldness of the rain staring to take more effect.

"Oh the towels! Freya I'll be with you in a second. You can head back into the kitchen if you like I'll just get these two sorted. " Louise sent the woman a smile as she headed up the stairs.

Once she was gone Freya turned to us. Her eyes studied us before a smile reappearing on her lips. "You two get all cleaned up." She then turned on her heels and walked back into the kitchen.

I turned to Lee hitting him in the arm.

"Ow! What was that for?!" He whisper yelled. His other arm rubbed the one I just hit.

"You never told me that your family was having dinner at mine." I gritted out.

"I didn't even know my family was having dinner with your family. My mom only texted me telling me we were going to dinner in an old friend of h...Oh very coincidental." I rolled my eyes at his realisation.

"Here you guys go, two towels and a change of clothes for Lee." Louise looked back up from the pile of supplies she had in her hand. When she got to the bottom of the stairs she handed us the towels and Lee the clothes.

"You guys go upstairs and get changed. Kayla you can show him the bathroom. Once you two are all dried we will be in the dining room waiting." Louise sent us a smile before she walked into the kitchen.

I started to walk towards the stairs Lee following me.

"Just that door in there." I pointed to the door near the end of the hall. Lee nodded walking past me to go into the bathroom.

I made a turn into my own room. Ever since we got here he seems off. Like he is closed off, not the Lee who seemed happy about ten minutes ago and I know exactly why.

****

It's not like I'm trying to impress anyone. I mean being comfortable right now is the best option and if I could, I'd probably go down in my pyjamas. My hair was still wet by the time Lee had knocked on the door.

When he came in he was wearing a black tracksuit bottoms with a black t-shirt probably belonging to Harvey by the looks of it. Definitely not Lee's style. While I wore leggings and an oversized t-shirt.

Lee held up his box of cigarettes. "They got soaked." He sighed. Throwing them up and then catching it with one hand.

"What do you want me to do?" I threw my towel at him which he caught.