Epilogue

Kaylas POV

2 Years Later...

My fingers tapped anxiously against the side of my leg. The blue academical dress made me feel stuffy. The blue cap on my head made my hair itchy.

What if I fell? What if my cap came off? I needed to stop worrying. Peeking my head around to try see the back of the line, I watched as Gabby who was in her own world had a smile that reached ear to ear.

Lee caught my stare. "You will do great." He mouthed to me.

"Thank you." I mouthed back. No matter how much people tried to calm me. My nerves always seemed to get the better of me.

Names after names they called out. I was getting closer to the top. I was getting close to graduating high school. Something I thought I wouldn't be able to do.

"Makayla Brown!"

My name was said, it was time to shine. I climbed up the stairs careful not to trip.

My heart raced in my chest. A genuine smile on my lips as I got to the middle of the stage, where they handed me my diploma. Its like time froze as I looked out to the crowd I saw my family all sitting there. Cheering me on.

If I had of told my sixteen year old self that I had one of the best relationships with them in years. That I was receiving my high school diploma and had one of the best friend groups in the world. Not to forget the best boyfriend ever. She would of just laughed in my face.

The sound of cheering caught my ear as everything unfroze.

Walking off the stage, it felt like my ears had gone deaf as I went to take my seat.

"You did great." A hand was rested on my shoulder. Looking over it, there sat Wyatt behind me. A huge smile on his face. I placed my hand on top of his.

"We both did it." I smiled.

****

"Ah you did it!" Dad picked me up, twirling me around as he held me tightly in his arms.

"Yes I did." I cheered.

"We are so proud of you Kayla." Louise pulled me into a hug once Dad had put me down. Her hand rested on my cheek as she pulled away. Her eyes all teary. "Your all getting so old. Stop growing."

"You still have Bobby." I laughed.

"Your right." She pulled him under her arm protectively.

"Kayla." Harvey called. Turning to him, I held my arms open which we hugged. "She would be so proud." He whispered into my ear.

"She would be proud of all of us." I whispered back. Looking up I waved everyone else to come join us in the hug.

I always thought how weird things changed once we visted the museum. I ended up spilling the truth to Dad and Louise about the real reason why I had done what I did.

Sawyer came over more often. I think he just our Mom and we were that connection to her that he needed.

As for my siblings we all became closer. Tara still traveled but came home more often. Gavin became nicer and weirdly overprotective, Harvey became the tiniest bit more open. While Ethan came out, truth be hold him and Lee's brother Daniel had a hidden relationship.