Chapter 39- Angry Beast

Kaylas POV

Heart sinking words. My eyes burnt holes into Wyatts head. His eyes softly shut as he drifted asleep.

Love.

I love you.

Hasn't been said to me in years. My heart was pounding against my chest. Adrenaline running through my veins. Maybe he didn't mean it?

My arm rested over his chest as he said the words. His own heart beating out of his chest. Slowly relaxing as he drifted to sleep.

The ringing of my phone was like a slap across the face. Bringing me back to reality, I leaned over as much as I could. Trying to reach my phone.

Dad.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Kayla thank God. Where are you?" Dad questioned.

"I texted you that I was staying in Indias." My finger tapped nervously again the back of my phone. My voice low so I wouldn't wake Wyatt.

"Why are you whispering?"

Think Kayla. Think. "Me and India are playing an intense game of hide and seek." I cringed at myself, that was seriously the best excuse I could come up with.

"Aren't you too old to play hide and seek?" It sounded as if Dad was amused.

"No, Dad I have to go I think she is coming." Not giving it another second I hung up the phone.

Letting out a long sigh. I rested my head on Wyatts headboard.

My heart sank, seeing Wyatt like this. Almost dead made me really question our lives. We went from happy teenagers who had eachother to strangers. It's all because of greed of a man.

Shifting my weight, I moved more into a comfortable position as Wyatt still laid between my legs. My fingers soothingly went back to tracing his arm. I rested my head back, closing my eyes.

****

The sound of someone puking had me awake and aware. Wyatt hung over the edge of the bed as he got sick into the bucket. I was quick to move behind him. Rubbing his back up and down.

"I can't do this anymore." Wyatt sobbed. Looking back at me there was sick all over his mouth. His forehead was sweaty. "Kayla please get me something. Please make this end." He begged.

"Wyatt I can't. I'll be by your side the whole way I promise. I won't leave you alone. Not after yesterday, I promise." I sent him a sad smile.

Before Wyatt could protest he started to get sick again.

My head turned as someone knocked on his bedroom door.

"Wyatt honey? Are you okay in there?" It was his Mother.

Shit.

I tapped Wyatts shoulder. Glancing back at me when he got the chance, I pointed towards the door. "Your mom." I whispered.