Chapter 29- Accused

Kayla POV

One thing I learned to become accustomed to is being accused. Once you get one bad image. The fingers don't stop pointing at you because what's the difference between me, who is known to have done something bad. Compared to someone who hasn't. They look more innocent or their reputation looks more innocent.

An example would be an adult and a toddler. A mess has been made. The accuser would immediately point their finger to the toddler because they know toddlers have a reputation to being messy compared to an adult who knows how to clean up. But it was the adult who made the mess but yet the finger has been pointed to the toddler.

People point the finger at the easiest to blame. It has happened my whole life. From braking something, ruining the mood, stealing someone's drugs, to boy drama. At this point I have nearly given up to try prove myself innocent when accused. No one ever trys to look beyond their eyes. To look beyond my reputation. But hey I'm just an easy person for people to accuse.

After my chat with India, I stayed out of everyones way for the rest of the school day. It wasn't like I had to try hard because Gabby was already avoiding me. Deciding myself it was best that I gave her some space. Plus I personally needed my own headspace.

It feels like everything is hitting me at once and I don't know how to handle it. I was never use to this attention I was getting. I knew exactly where I needed to go tonight to clear my head. This was for myself to figure out.

The car ride home I had my head leaned back on the head rest. My earphones plugged in blocking out my brothers conversations and hopefully they would understand I don't want to talk to them either. But it is the Brown brothers, so of course they are going to annoy me.

My earphone was pulled out. I looked to Ethan who sat in the back with me shooting him a glare. I put it back in but he pulled it back out.

"What?"

"So are you going to tell us the real reason to why Lee was in room?" Gavin glanced back at me through the rearview mirror.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "That was the truth. Nothing is going on between us. He needed a place to stay." I shrugged.

"Your friend...what's her face? Oh Gabby didn't look too happy." Ethan smirked.

"Well that doesn't concern you but you clearly can't keep your own mouth closed and nose to yourself." I flicked through my playlist to seem as if I was doing something.

"Bu_"

Just as if the universe heard my prayers. We had pulled up to the driveway. I never left the car so fast. Closing the door before they started asking more questions.

When I got inside, I made a my way straight to the fridge. As I got the doorway of the kitchen Louise leaned on the counter with her arms. In her hand she held her phone as she was talking to someone.

I couldn't retreat because she had already spotted my appearance.

"Ah look who's here. Kayla. Tara is on the phone say hi." Louise had walked over. Putting the camera on me. Leaving me no choice but to say hi.

"Oh Hey Tara." I smiled, giving her an awkward wave.

"Hey Kayls. You haven't rang me in a while." Tara spoke. She looked to be on a patio of some sort, sitting down. Where ever she was it looked warm by the way she only wore a halter neck top and the sunglasses that sat on the top of her head. Not to mention the bikini tan line on her shoulders.