Chapter 27- Getting it off my chest

Kayla's POV

There he stood under that flickering light in the middle of the dimly lit courtyard. One hand stuffed in his black jeans pocket while the other one scrolled through his phone.

"I didn't think you would come." It was too late to turn back now. He had stuffed his phone into his back pocket. His full attention on me.

"Neither did I. But here I am." I took a step closer into the courtyard.

"Look Kayla..." Wyatt let out a sigh once he noticed that I probably wasn't going to get any closer to him.

"Wyatt just spit it out." I pulled my jacket closer to my body. Hoping it will some how protect me from what he was going to say.

"Can we sit down?" Wyatt looked over to where the fountain sat. I nodded for Wyatt to go over first. I'd follow behind.

"So what do you need to tell me?" I asked once we had sat down. I looked down at the ground then back to Wyatt. His attention was already on me.

He let out a breath. "You said that you knew. What do you know?"

"Wyatt you know exactly what I'm on about. Just get on with what you have to tell me." I only glanced at him. Something about this interaction had me tense and uncomfortable.

"Your right. I messed up big time and I chose some stupid loyalty over our frien__"

"Wyatt I didn't come here for you to tell me your sorry." I stood up and took a step back. "I came here cause you wanted to tell me something and not that you are sorry."

"But I am. Can you not see that I am?" He stood up.

"We literally haven't been getting on for months and then all of a sudden..."  Then it hit me. "You see that I'm moving on and now you want to be a part of my life again." My tongue rolled around the bottom of my mouth. It made sense.

Wyatt took a step forward. "Look Kayla you don't want to hear an apology but I need your help. I don't know what to do. I don't know who to talk to. If my Mom finds out that I'm addicted she will be even more disappointed in me. Look I want to move on too but I can't do that without you."

There was silence. Wyatt took a step closer. My eyes drifted to the ground. What was I suppost to do?

I hadn't noticed that Wyatt had gotten closer. Until his fingers lightly lifted up my chin. We were extremely close. Too close for comfort. His eyes stared directly into mine. "Wyatt..I-"

Wyatt leaned in, my eyes slowly started to flutter close as our lips got closer.

"What the fuck?!"

"Yo! Ethan!"

"Ethan!"

Out of no where Ethan came, pushing Wyatt away from me. Wyatt looked just as surprised as me. I quickly moved over to Ethan pulling his arm back. So he didn't hit Wyatt. Why am I protecting him?

Giving a quick glance over my shoulder to see who the other people were. Daniel and Harvey. Daniel stood a bit back while Harvey came closer to us.