Chapter 6- Batteries

Kayla's POV

Today since I left school earlier then everyone else I got home before my brothers. Even if they have got a car.

I open the door and head straight upstairs not seeing anyone. I place my bag on the ground of my room and head back downstairs to the sitting room. I never get a chance to watch the TV. My brothers alway shoo me out of the room or annoy me until I give them the TV.

As I sit down on the couch I see Louise in the kitchen preparing some sandwiches. Probably for when the boys get home. Bobby sits on one of the bar stools with a pair of headphones on his head. He must be watching something on his iPad.

I go onto Netflix turning on 'The Umbrella Academy'. I make sure to take the batteries out and stuff them in my jeans pocket.

Literally ten minutes into the program the door opens. Ethan and Harvey are laughing about something. They both walk past the sitting room and right into the kitchen.

"Hey Boys! How was school?" She asks.

"Eh it was okay." Ethan saids.

"I made some sandwiches. Here." She said. I look from the corner of my eye to see her pass two plates to them.

They were talking again about school but I wasn't listening. I continued to watch my program until something caught my ear.

"Did you hear there is a new girl joining the school?" Ethan saids to Harvey.

"And?" Harvey saids he is never the one to really care about any school rumours.

"Aperatetly she is a Sophomore. Too bad." He sighs. I hear footsteps.

They then stop.

"Kayla move." Ethan saids. I roll my eyes and ignore him. He comes behind the couch and grabs the remote from beside me. I go to grab it well knowing I have taken the batteries out. My acting at its finest.

Ethan laughs and sits down on the couch putting his legs up not forgetting to kick me in the side. I give him a glare and continue to watch the TV.

I smile mentally. Harvey sits down beside him scrolling through his phone.

Ethan goes to turn off Netflix. He presses the button repeatedly and nothing happens. "I think the remote is broke." He presses the button again and again.

I bite my tounge trying to stifle a laugh. Harvey grabs the remote from him and opens up the back.

"You took the batteries out." Harvey looks up to me.

"They were there earlier." I shrug.

Ethan kicks my side again. "Hand over the batteries."

"I don't know what batteries your talking about?" I shrug again keeping my full attention on the TV.

Ethan kick my side again.

"Ethan can you stop being an asshole for a second! I don't have your stupid batteries! For all I know that little devil in there could of taken them."

"Kayla why are you creating drama just give the batteries! Stop being such a bitch!" Harvey said.

"Oh and that makes you any better! I can't even watch the TV in this stupid house!"

Ethan rolls his eyes and stands up. I look at him weirdly. He starts to come closer to me. Just as I get up the door opens and in walks Gavin. As I hop over the couch and try run up to my room. It's like Gavin knew what was going on he throws me over his shoulder.