Chapter 35- Listening

Kayla's POV

"Ms, are you okay?" I had walked right through the building and straight to the elevator. Glancing over my shoulder to the reception desk, the receptionist had stood up, her eyes careful watching me.

"Yes I'm fine." I said turning my attention to what floor the elevator is at.

"Ms I'm going to ask you to leave the premises or I will have to call security." The receptionist now had a phone in her hand.

"I have permission from Chole Vallet herself. Unless you want to ask her about it?" I said glancing over my shoulder, my eyebrow raised.

The receptionist looked at me wide eyed. Her mouth moved, but no sound came out of her lips.

"If you don't believe me ring her yourself. You will find me on the roof." The elevator doors opened, stepping inside. I watched as the receptionist quickly dialed the phone. The doors closing again cutting her out of my sight.

The lump in my throat started to build up once again. My heart pounded as I recited over and over in my head that no one else would get on the elevator.

The doors opened once again bringing me to the roof top. It was like a breath of fresh air once I hit the outside. My pounding heart had started to beat slower.

I quickly made my way over to the edge. My hands leaned on the wall for  for support. I closed my eyes pushing back the tears. Opening back to see the city infront of me. A throaty chuckle rose from my chest. Shaking my head I couldn't believe it. I was on edge point.

The tears were now full force pouring down my cheeks. I didn't even know why I was crying. So many thoughts ran through my head. But I came to a conclusion it was overall fustration.

"If I was you I wouldn't jump." A voice came from behind me.

I sucked in a breath as I brought my hand up to quickly wipe away my tears. "I wasn't going to." I said.

The clicking of heels got closer, stopping merrly behind me.

"Well good because when I gave you permission to use my rooftop I hoped you would never want to use it for that."

Looking over my shoulder, it was Chloe Vallet. She wore a black pants suit, her long red hair perfectly shaped her face. The power radiated off her. I could feel the embarrassment wash over me as I started to realise how I was crying for no reason infront of her. Like a baby.

"My receptionist made me aware that someone was using my rooftop with my permission. Out of curiosity I had looked on the cameras to see you." I could feel myself slowly relax as I watched her gaze soften. "You looked very distressed so I had to make sure you wouldn't do anything stupid, personally."

Letting out a sigh, I moved over to sit on the ground. Leaning my back against one of the vents walls. Chloe followed me to the floor. Sitting down beside me.

"I didn't mean to disrupt you." I found myself pulling my knees up to my chest, tucking them under my chin.

"You didn't disrupt me at all. I know we don't know eachother but sometimes it's nice talk to a stranger."

Sucking in a deep breathe, I turned my attention to Chloe. "I'm sorry. I'm never usually this bad. I guess I just let everything build up and now I'm after exploding." I brought my hand up wiping away a stray tear, letting out a strained laugh.