Chapter 17- Carpooling

Kayla's POV

Last night I had just passed out asleep. Yesterdays adventure must of tired me out. The noise of knocking on my door had woken me up. Maybe they will just leave me alone?

I groaned when it didn't stop.

"Just come in!" I shouted.

"The door is locked!" It was Dad. I didn't want to talk to him. Last night I had made sure to lock my door so no one could come in. It was locked for a reason.

"Kayla I just want to have a chat." He knocked on my door again. I wrapped the covers around myself as a little cocoon as I walked over to the door and unlocked it. Dad opened it, I had my back to him as I made my way back over to my bed.

Sitting down and leaning my back up against the bed frame, I watched as Dad walked closer to me. His eyes looked to my bed asking me permission to sit. I nodded.

Dad took a seat on the edge of my bed. He turned his head to look at me. "Kayla...I shouldn't of said those things last night."

I stared at Dad, he looked guilty and tired.

"But you still said them." I watched for Dads reaction. He sighed and looked away for a second before looking back at me.

"I know and I'm sorry. I said them out of anger. Eh..." Dad looked down at his hands and back up at me. It looked like he wanted to say something else.

Sometimes we say things in anger to only regret them once they are said. It's weird how you could be angry one minute and in the next feel guilty. But the damage is already done by then and a simple sorry won't fix it. These days a sorry is more of an action then a saying. Something you have to prove for forgiveness.

"The school said you have a week of detention after school and your grounded aswell for two days. I have decided that from now on you will be getting a lift to school with your brothers until I can trust you."

I was about to protest but he started to talk again.

"Kayla you can still walk home I just don't want you skipping anymore and until I trust you then you can't walk to school." He stood up sighing. "You should start getting ready I'm sure your brothers will be leaving in a while."

That was the last thing he said before walking out and closing the door. I threw my head back, groaning. Great now I have to take a lift with my brothers to school everyday great.

I made my way over to my wardrobe, my blanket still wrapped around me like a warm cocoon. I pulled out a pair of grey tracksuit bottoms and a black graphic t-shirt. Once changed I put on my runners, then running my fingers through my hair.