Chapter 37: One for All

"C'mon Mirio! Focus! Try to control Black Whip!" Izuku roared, while dodging a black tendril from ramming him to the wall.

"That doesn't help sensei!" Mirio shouted back, shirtless and covered in sweat.

"You can do it Mirio! Control that thing!" Nejire cheered.

"You got it... Think about it like it is a potato!" Tamaki cheered, albeit with less enthusiasm.

"That doesn't help either!" the blonde shouted in exasperation

All Might choose to remain in silence, as he watched. Since the raid on the Shie Hassaikai, because Eri's quirk, Mirio intent in protecting her and One For All, the ninth successor of One For All awakened a new quirk that made him sprout black tendrils from his hand.

Due to this, Mirio was forced to take a temporary absence from school to research about it and control it.

While it proved to be quite a roadblock for his training at the beginning, but on the bright side, it provided the perfect cover for the blonde insane strength and now the new quirk, as the effects of erasing quirk bullets were not widely known and not completely investigated, so they made the excuse that it mutated Mirio's quirk in something else.

After Toshinori's did bit of investigation, it was concluded that the quirk belonged to none other than the one the 5th bearer of One for All, Daijoro Banjo, and it was called BlackWhip, which allowed the user to manipulate black tendrils by sheer will, providing excellent mobility and restraining capabilities.

The only problem was that, from All Might personal research through the lives of the pasts torch bearers, there was not much of them recorded, and less about their quirks, so they had to start from square one, like a child who just received a quirk.

Which is why Izuku was tasked along to train Mirio, as he had to teach Eri how to control her quirk, and had more experience with this type of situations... and given All Might lack of teaching abilities...

So far they made little progress, the blonde learned how to summon it from his knuckles, but the moment they appeared, they started thrashing everywhere, with no control, and draining Mirio physically and mentally very quickly.

With a kick, Izuku send Mirio to the ground, who once made contact with it, didn't move, painting in exhaustion, as the black tendrils slowly returned back to his knuckles.

"Well, today was not bad, you directed some of your tendrils to my direction" Izuku said, landing on the ground.

"This was by so far, the best progress you have made Young Togata!" All Might complimented.

Nejire and Tamaki nodded behind him, or more like Nejire nodding enthusiastically while shaking Tamaki with one hand, with such force that All Might worried that she will shake his head of his body.

They were interrupted when the main door opened, where Aizawa appeared.

"Problem Child! We got visitors" he said bluntly, before leaving.

Both teachers looked at each other, before Toshinori's phone started to ring.

After a brief mental conversation, both nodded to each other, before departing, with Izuku going back to dorms, not before signalling Mirio that the training has ended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Gran Torino sensei" All Might answered respectfully, once he found a secluded place to speak

"Toshinori..." the raspy voice of his mentor was heard

"Sensei! Are you alright! You should..." he started to say before the old man voice cut him