Chapter 38: Diplomacy

Since the Heroic Courses Deathmatch, just as Izuku predicted, both classes developed a good camaraderie between them, to the point of hanging out with each other every Sunday in the other class dorms.

However, today was different, both classes were in Class 1-A dorms, but the common room, instead of being filled of laughter and explosions noises, it was unusually quiet.

The reason?

Both classes were huddled together around the television, watching for the tenth time the interview where Izuku took part of.

Even if weeks has passed ever since the infamous interview between the CEO of Detnerat and the Combat Teacher of UA, the topics that were discussed left nothing but an impact of such magnitude that it made ripples across the country, enough for it to still be a topic of common discussion.

Not only because the seriousness of the arguments that were discussed, but also the demeanour the young teacher portrayed.

The gradual shift from one emotionless teacher to a villain capable of unlimited destruction was nothing short but frightening. Some students like Bakugo, Todoroki, Momo, Kirishima and Iida shuddered, as the tone that their teacher used vaguely made them remember of the legendary villain, All For One.

What was more surprising was the amount of bitterness and darkness were on those words. For someone of their age, Izuku really knew how to mask his emotions. In fact, apart from the occasional smirk he sometimes showed, this was the first time, the whole UA has seen him display his emotions so clearly.

"I think I speak for all of us, that I'm VERY glad that he is on our side" Mineta said trembling, not wanting to think the amount of destruction Izuku could bring if he decided to became a villain.

"Yeah.. no kidding" Kaminari coincided

Everyone just numbly assented

Unbeknownst to the students, the rest of the teachers, including the Principal were also doing the same thing, in the staff resting dorms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nezu sipped his tea, before putting down the controller, where a video of the interview was on the screen on pause.

"So young... yet so much darkness inside" All Might whispered, still trying to comprehend how someone such as young Midoriya could have lived through so much darkness.

"Indeed, and I am thankful that the child never strayed to the path of Villainy" Nezu coincided

The rest of the staff choose to remain in silent, as they remembered the conversation they had with Izuku's mentor.

Flashback

"Ah yes! Before I go... I wanted to say one more thing!" Albert said

The teachers, who were leaving the table, looked at him, before returning to their original seats

"Izuku... he may hide his emotions very well... but out of all of us... he has more psychological wounds than everyone else, they never closed, they are merely repressed... so please excuse him if he never shows anything, he will only show his true self under extreme occasions, and you might well be... prepared if such occasion arise" the retired mercenary said with all seriousness

As some of the teachers rushed to the bathroom to wipe the tears from their faces, Aizawa, who was one of the few who could actually sympathise with their youngest colleague, realized that they have yet to get to known their enigmatic combat teacher, for every time he spoke with them, the majority of the time was under a mask.