Chapter 2: The Details

"How in the hell?!" the mercenary thought completely alarmed, as it was now exactly common for the principal of the most prestigious universities of heroes in the world to call you to strike a deal.

"What do you require my services for," he asked, instantly recovering his business persona.

"I wish to hire you as combat instructor" Nedzu stated.

There was a brief silence at the end of the line before Slade's facade broke as fast as he put it one, as Nezu heard him blurt a bunch of colorful words out of his mouth.

"Pardon me?" Izuku exclaimed out, as out of all the reasons they were seeking to hire him, teaching was certainly not one of them.

"You heard me right, I wish to hire you as a combat teacher" replied Nedzu with all seriousness, the tone behind it stating that it was no sick joke.

Izuku took a deep breath, and after maintaining it for a few seconds, he exhaled before answering

"Alright... Assuming that I am taking this, what are your terms?"

"You will teach our first year's students, in a three years contract, till their graduation. We will accommodate for you a place to stay within the facilities, and the same privileges and liberties we grant to our teachers, as for the teaching license, you don't have anything to worry about, as I can provide one..."

"Don't you care about the repercussions of hiring me, a mercenary from the underworld as a teacher will tarnish your precious academy?"

"While we pride ourselves being the top academy in the world, our reputation is nothing compared safeguard of our students, if you have already seen on the news, we have already been attacked twice, I am not holding back when the third attack happens"

The mercenary raised his eyebrows in surprise, as he gained more respect for the Principal, even if he was not a human, the Chimera understood very well his position as an educator.

Normally, when people wanted to hire private arms of his caliber, it was the mercenary ones that established the final price for the contract, unless they were bounties, where the price was already determined.

He could practically hear the principal holding his breath, understandable given that the Chimera knew the negotiations were reaching their latest stages, now it all depended on the contractor to say his fee.

However, this time, he was interested, or more like intrigued to see to what lengths the Principal was willing to pay him for his services.

"Name your price," the mercenary said

"One billion and a half, in American dollars" the principal replied quickly without hesitation

Without audibly showing how taken aback upon hearing such sum, he thought carefully about the overall contract, one billion and a half dollars was a lot, a payment he rarely got, either by hunting some of the most internationally sought criminals or the annihilation of entire terrorists or mafia cells. All this just for teaching for three years (even with that amount of time, it was still a lot of money) to brats of his age.

In all honesty, it was not a bad deal, only a fool would reject it, and even taking out the contract factor, he was actually considering returning to his country of birth... ever since that "incident". Also to see how his country was doing.

Through the years he had heard rumors and whispers about how biased the Japanese society had grown itself, from the discrimination toward the ones with "weaker" quirks and the alarming suicide rates the quirkless commit every year, and how the authorities tend to look to the other side in respect of it, not including the exceeding corruption that plague the Pro Hero Society. Such a shame that such a great country could fall so low... But then... taking a small vacation wasn't a bad idea either...

"When do I start?" he finally replied

"One week after the sports festival, as a means for you to familiarize yourself with your students" Nedzu answered immediately

"I see... Consider the contract... accepted" Izuku said with a tone of finality

"But" he continued, as Nedzu was about to say anything when the mercenary beat him to it.

"I will ask you to send me the files of the students I am going to teach, I will personally assess them, and deem if they are worthy to be called 'heroes'" he said, emphasizing on the last word "And... about that motto your school is so proud of, PLUS ULTRA was it? If they are worthy enough for my time... I will train them to their utmost limits, far beyond compared to the training you gave them... See you in 7 days Principal"

As soon as he finished those words he cut the line.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nedzu slumped on the back of his chair and released what little air he had left inside his lungs...

What a stressful situation this was... even if he prided himself for his extremely high intelligence, and his near psychopathic/calmness/cheerful façade, dealing with an infamous mercenary of great caliber was a completely new experience for him, even compared to the many he ever had.

Reaching down to a well-hidden small cabinet under his desk, he took out a bottle of "Barrell" bourbon and served himself a glass, which he downed in one gulp. As the alcohol slightly burned his throat, he left the now empty glass on his table and took a series of breaths to calm himself.

As the minutes passed, and his shoulders started to relax, a maniac smile started to slowly creep on his face, as he couldn't help to let out a straight out malevolent chuckle

"Poor first years... They won't even know the hell I have just presented them... these three years will be indeed very interesting" he whispered, finishing his thoughts with his signature crazy laugh

In the city of Musutafu, civilians, students, heroes, and villains alike couldn't help but feel a cold shudder hitting down their spine, almost as if they were feeling that something big was coming...

Little did they know, how right they were...

Chapter edited and rechecked 17/11/2021