Chapter 47: To be a Pillar

Shota Aizawa opened his eyes, expecting to see an endless darkness, only for his surprise to be greeted by light, and after a bit of difficulty, he got accustomed to it, and found himself in a hospital room, with an IV stuck to his arm, and half of his body wrapped in bandages, like a mummy, which gave him a sense of deja vu.

He rose one hand to touch his face, and while he felt the scars from the wounds that Shigaraki inflicted on him, he found that indeed he had eyes. They felt like brand new, he didn't even felt the usual dry eye.

How on earth?

He looked at his left, and found Present Mic and Nemuri, completely asleep on two chairs, with the former still wearing his hero costume and the latter covered by a hospital gown, where bandages could be seen under it.

"Nemuri? Hizashi?" he mumbled.

Almost immediately both of them woke up, and being friends with these two for years made him automatically activate his quirk

"Shota!" both shouted, or in Hizashi's case, shouted in his normal voice, making him stare at his insomniac friend incredulously.

So his quirk still worked huh?

Both heroes made seemed to be on the verge of embracing him, but then they took into account his injuries and theirs as well. So they returned back to their seats.

"So what happened? The last thing I remembered was Shigaraki gouging my eyes out" he started.

Both of his colleagues seemed to look hesitant, trying to think how to start, and after a brief moments, before they started to talk.

How Gigantomachia arrived, how the nomus slaughtered half of their forces in Jaku, how problem child saved their asses with, from what they managed to count two dozens of missiles, how he killed all the nomus, how he showed no mercy against the Paranormal Liberation Front, how...

"I'm going to stop you right there" Aizawa interrupted them

Both colleagues gave him a puzzled look, before looking at the clock and found to their shock, that one hours have passed.

"I'm going to need a drink" Aizawa grunted to their surprise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enji Todoroki lay on his bed deep in thought. He was covered from neck to toe in bandages and multiples tubes were connected to his body.

Out of miracle, despite the fact that he overheated his body multiple times, at higher temperatures than he usually handled, he was not in grave condition as he believed he was.

The medics said that hadn't been of Shoto's teacher serum and his emergency treatment he would have lost his left lung and left with a punctured stomach.

But those were the most concerning thoughts he had, even at from the distance, he saw the people that were on the back of Gigantomachia's head, and one of them was Dabi.

Normally he would not give so much thought about a villain, but after weeks since their first encounter... that quirk he had, plus that smile... despite how crazy it looked it was hauntingly familiar... could he really be...

"Yes he is... Dabi is your eldest son, Touya Todoroki" a cold voice replied to his question

He turned his face to one side, to meet the end of the barrel of a gun, and the emotionless face of the Son of Drakon.