Chapter 3: The Legend

It was a peaceful day in the city of Musutafu, the skies were clear, the birds were chirping full of joy as they enjoyed the nice weather, the citizens themselves were carrying their daily chores in good mood, some even whistling a jolly tune, but some... were definitely not having a good day...

UA University, teachers meeting room

"YOU DID WHAT!" Aizawa Shota shouted, slamming his fists on the table

Also known as the Erasure Hero: Erarsehead, he was a man known by many as a cold man full of aloofness, with the few emotions he usually showed were either tiredness or annoyance, so for him to lose his otherwise stiff composure was quite a rare sight for his fellow colleagues.

"As you heard me, Eraserhed, I hired a mercenary to be the new combat instructor" Nedzu calmly replied, internally clacking as he was waiting for the perfect moment to drop another bomb in front of them.

"With all the respect Principal, but why a mercenary? Why not hire a Pro Hero who is well versed in the arts of martial arts, like Gunhead, or even the retired Hero Silver Fang?" asked the R rated heroine, Midnight

"Because Nemuri dear, the one that I have hired was Slade" Nedzu said, with a madman glint on his eyes

Such name confused most of the pro heroes, as it didn't even ring a bell on them, so they assumed that involved the Underworld, which most of them were not used to dealing with or had little information about it. But that couldn't be said about their two other colleagues, if something was noticeable, it was the pale face of Eraserhead, and to their horror, also All Might.

"Just wait for a second guy! Who in the seven hells is Slade!" shouted Present Mic, already scared by the pale face of his best friend, if something was enough to terrify the fearless Shota Aizawa, one of the best underground heroes, and also All Might, Number 1 Pro Hero and Symbol of Peace to the boot, then he certainly didn't want to mess with such individual.

"He is an emerging legend in the underground society" Shota whispered "One of the best among the best, a mercenary with a completely spotless record, not a single failure, he has been hired for everything, from simple bodyguard duty to the extermination of entire criminal cells... Ruthless efficiency he is" he finished, which then he was continued to his surprise, by All Might, which to their sense of dread, was shaking

"My fellow heroes, what I want to make you understand is, if you think dealing with the whole cell of the League of Villains is the real deal, dealing with HIM" he emphasized with a shake " is much worse compared to that, it's like comparing an ant to a lion. I have encountered him once when I was in the States..."

One year ago...

All Might was jumping from building to building, near the Empire States, patrolling in order to kill some time, while cursing himself for his wound and his time limit when he heard a huge explosion.

Quickly heading to where the commotion was, he found himself staring at a man, who apparently had a gorilla gigantification quirk, holding a pretty lady in a fashion that reminded him of an old pre-quirk era movie

"HA HA HA, come and get me puny heroes, I have a hostage and you can't do anything about it" he boasted, in a classic villain like monologue

"Just.. let me go!" the girl shouted, in a familiar tone, which made his eyes snap open in alarm

"MELISSA" he internally screamed, why was she here?!, if something happened to her... he was not sure if David will let him alive... How could he save her? If he used one of his smashes? no, it wouldn't do any help, even his weakest smash would send the ape and Melissa flying away... Maybe if he used a chop instead of a smash?