Chapter 61: A Forceful Statement

"I will say it one last time. Surrender. I have already slaughtered enough warriors worth the half of the Japanese branch of your cult, more will make no difference for the outcome" Slade voice, enhanced by the speakers' systems resonated across the entire small city.

And almost immediately the reply came fast under the form of insults and jeers from the defenders.

"So that is your answer? Very well." Slade said, completely deadpan, before activating the satellite telephone integrated to his mask "You heard them lads, drop the payloads."

And minutes after, just before some of the remnants of the MLA started to mock him again, seven shadows could be seen on the skies, and promptly, death started to rain on the city.

Mark 82 multipurpose bombs, personally modified by Power Loader and Nezu fell in tandem on the city, destroying whatever entity on their path, buildings, skyscrapers, meta warrior, anything that met their path was reduced to rubble, turned in red paste or straight up vaporized.

The once proud Meta Warriors scattered in panic, their city was well defended in terms of quirk warfare, even if the full might of the pro hero force were to assault it, it would take them at least one week to clean it, but unfortunately, against conventional air weaponry they were next to useless.

There were no Anti Air Batteries nor Guns on the rooftops, and the hovercrafts altitude rendered their quirks next to useless if they wanted to target them, they couldn't deal with the bombs, for they were too many.

Those with telekinesis quirks tried to take a hold of them, yet their minds were overloaded by the sheer number of bombs falling on them and the explosions resonating around them.

There were those who tried to raise all kinds of barriers, or use anything in their path to shield themselves, yet they failed to resist the constant onslaught and what defense could a simple concrete wall pose to an explosive made to literally go through reinforced walls and bunkers?

On top of a nearby hill, the newly elected Prime Minister, along a delegation made of members from his cabinet, leading figures of JFSD and high-ranking members from prominent institutions and the HSPC, shivered at the spectacle in front of them, where once stood one of the newest and most advanced cities that was constructed in the span of less of a decade, now stood flame destruction and death.

With the same speed it was built it was now gone.

Gone, reduced to ashes.

And when the bombardment seemingly stopped, those MLA members that somehow managed to survive, many of them still suffering the concussive effects from the blasts, emerged from the ruins they were hiding, only to be at the receiving end of Slade attack, who chose to strike from the sky.

War Style First Stance Verdun

Contrary to the Void Style, War Style lacked the same potency and accuracy the former has, for Slade developed as a fighting style dedicated solely for one thing and one thing only.

War.

Only needing less than a half of the energy involved in unleashing a Void technique, Slade could consecutively unleash War techniques twice as fast, and even if the potency of the attack was reduced to half, it was more than enough to get the job done.

Hence the screams of agony and horror as the attack landed on the city like hail and struck everything indiscriminately, as some Meta Warriors suddenly found themselves either bisected or missing an entire limb.

"So, this is Slade, if Vanquisher is the epithet, he gained by reaping the Menendez Cartel and part of the Camorra, then the one Asura is more than apt seeing this spectacle" on a nearby hill, General Miyamoto of the Japanese Self Defense Ground Forces whispered in horrified awe watching the carnage through a pair of binoculars.