Chapter 1: The Job

LOS ANGELES, 7:00 AM, Intercontinental Hotel

Inside a richly decorated room, an alarm beeped loudly, startling the lone occupant that was laying on a double bed, who despite his position and his closed eyes, was not sleeping, but rather meditating. He has been already awake since 3 AM, not out of nervousness, but a daily routine.

Izuku Midoriya, also known by the alias Slade, stood up with a growl, not because of any external or internal wounds, but due to the ache he felt in his muscles, all thanks to the contract he accepted from the government last night, where he had to take out a newly establish branch from a Mexican drug Cartel...

Stretching his arms, he walked towards the small table that was located in the middle of the room, where he had left his sports bag with his belongings, which he promptly opened and checked its contents.

After a minute of rummaging, satisfied with it, he closed it, tied his long black hair in a ponytail, and donned his casual attire, a dark grey suit with a black tie and white shirt. Checking himself to the mirror for the last time, he nodded to himself before grabbing his bag and leaving his room for the last time.

He then calmly proceeded to the breakfast buffet, where he picked up a triple espresso and a sandwich, as a means to pump caffeine into his bloodstream and fill his stomach. As he ate his breakfast, he examined his surroundings. Even if it was early in the morning, the buffet was packed of people, many of whom, were not, in many ways, your common type of tourists, their manners, posture, body language said all about them; they were, after all, people who practiced the office of death, mercenaries, hitmen, contract killers, even in this new era of quirks, the underworld has neither disappeared nor waned, it has merely adapted. Ignoring the gazes and numerous looks from the people, he stood up, left a tip walked towards the lobby.

Putting up an emotionless face he walked towards the reception area, where a lone manager stood behind the counter.

"Good morning Mr Slade. I hope you found satisfying your accommodations?" greeted him the grey-haired tanned man, also dressed in an immaculate business suit.

"Good morning Mercurius, the room was excellent for my needs" the teen replied

"I am pleased to hear that, what is your business today?" he smiled

"I am checking out" Slade replied politely, as he slid one silver coin towards him discretely

"Of course Mr. Slade, until your next voyage, it's always a pleasure to host you in the hotel" the man bowed as he covertly collected it.

Slade responded with a nod, and proceeded to walk out, where a taxi was already waiting for him, as per his instructions from a call he made earlier.

An hour later, he finally reached the docks of Marina del Rey, where his boat awaited, or rather his mobile headquarters. A custom-made "Carapace" style yacht, which had the capability of staying submerged underwater for up to ten days.

Even as a man of simple tastes, he couldn't deny the beauty of it, despite the modifications he had added to it, like the 7 cm thick windows made of Aluminium oxynitride, capable of withstanding all types of projectiles, including the 50 cal. Armor-piercing round... or the walls that were reinforced with magnesium-based allow, one of the most resistant and lightest metal alloys, enough to make the boat fast enough to put the fastest assault boats to shame...

This 78 meters longboat was one of his most prized possessions, which he bought entirely with his savings, something that he was completely proud of.

Initially, the boat was built as a luxury yacht to host VIPs, and hold meetings secretly, but for him, it was perfect to function as a mobile HQ.

Out of all the original accommodations, he only preserved three bedrooms, the kitchen, the spa (every man deserved at least some rest), the gym, which was modified and expanded for more training machinery, and the original living room that was now the meeting room; the original one instead, became the panic room, and the control center, where he could monitor everything. The rest of the bedrooms and rooms were transformed into cleaning rooms and storage rooms for either food supplies or his arsenal.

He also reinforced part of the foredeck strong enough to act as a helipad, while the engines of the lower deck were replaced with more powerful ones in order to compensate for the ship's increased payload.

Taking a deep breath, he unlocked the main entrance and entered it, as he prepared himself to do what any sailor does every day before sailing, checking up the ship and making sure he has his food storage full.

It was late midnight when he finished checking up the whole ship. He then ignited the engines and drove it towards the Pacific, and after activating the commands for the ship to sink itself under 800 meters and conceal any thermal or electric traces, he indulged himself in one of his few hobbies.

Cooking.

Hours later, he forced himself to walk towards the Control Room, carrying his dinner he made on a tray, his favorite katsudon plus some black beer.

After typing a few codes, commands, and scanning his DNA (yes, he was very paranoid, but with his current line of job, it couldn't be helped) he plopped down on the seat and began to savor his late dinner while listening to some old era jazz and examining different contracts that were currently active or were offered to him.

As he was taking a sip of the beer, wondering which one will he choose and what would be his next step after that, his black phone started to ring, startling him. There are few instances where it ringed, the first one when a close associate or an old contractor wished to contact him, and the second one when one used one of his "favor cards", which he rarely gave out, only for people he owed a debt, which was few, as he prided himself of being self-sufficient... unless someone cashed that "favor"...

Without wasting time he replied to it, wondering who in the seven hells was to contact him, and with balls big enough by using one of his cards

"Greetings Slade, my name is Nedzu, principal of UA, and I wish to make a deal"

Izuku's eyes widened

A/N: Hello to whoever is reading this fanfiction! I am the author of this poor piece of writing. I took this idea after reading several fanfictions, and only now, during quarantine, did I finally have the courage to write one and publish it! I am just an amateur writer so if any of you have any suggestions or critics, just let me know in the comment section, just do it in a friendly tone, please... 

Cheers (And take care of yourselves)

Chapter edited and rechecked 17/11/2021