Chapter 48: Nightmares

Since the battle against the Paranormal Liberation Front and the death of Shigaraki, multiple hero academies whose students participated in it went on complete lock down, with the classes suspended until the mess caused by it was sorted out.

The students, aside from the occasional visit to the hospitals to see their injured classmates, never left the campus, not even for the groceries. Parents visits were still allowed but not very encouraged.

Due to the fact that the UA campus was down to half of their firepower with the absence of Aizawa, Izuku and Midnight, the students were also involved in the patrols, trading turns with the rest of the heroic courses and teachers.

While it seemed to be extremely boring, it also served it's purpose to distract them over the fact that they went to a literal warzone and came out alive, with no casualties in their group.

All thanks to the preparations that a certain teacher and Principal made beforehand.

Out of all the classes, Class 1-A was the one that had more injured students, with Bakugo and Todoroki being prime examples, and while everyone has already been discharged, aside from a small celebration, nothing much happened.

They may have healed physical wounds but that didn't mean that their mental states were in the same shape as they were before.

Seeing heroes and villains killing each other, plus the entire devastation Gigantomachia caused and the carnage their teacher inflicted was an eye opening experience that will remain forever engraved in their minds.

While many of those who were more in the backlines was handling better than most, those who were present in the core of the battle against Shigaraki not so much.

Iida Tenya, despite his strict demeanour, every now and then, when he thought nobody was watching him, was contemplating his own hands, which were visible shaking, as he remembered the terrific aura that Shigaraki emanated, comparable to that of the Hero Killer and All for One.

Eijiro Kirishima and Mina Ashido, for once, were completely quiet, as seeing Gigantomachia again in his behemoth form, made them relieve nightmares that they have subconsciously buried since their previous encounter with the villain in the past.

Shoto Todoroki lived like a complete hermit inside his room, and the rare times he was seen in the common room, his usual emotionless face was furrowed in a scowl, as he remembered the note that his combat teacher passed to him.

Momo Yaoyorozu face showed tired bags under her eyes, showing lack of sleep, as every night she had nightmares of the terrific moment she found R Rated Heroine in a pool of blood, and had to give her emergency surgery in order to stabilise her long enough till Izuku came.

And here we are just talking about Class 1-A.

It was midnight, when all the students decided to go to the common room to search someone to talk or something to drink, due to being unable to sleep.

To their surprise, after two weeks, they found Izuku in the common room.

The young teacher was sitting on one of the sofas, wearing his usual formal attire, except his coat, which could be seen on one of the hangers of the entrance.

He was reading a book and drinking what looked like coffee.

"Sensei?" Momo mumbled

"Nightmares?" he greeted them

Everyone nodded

"Come here then... Class 1-B will be here shortly" he motioned them to come over, to the multiple futon spread over all around him.