Chapter 50: Professionals Have Standards

One week passed since the Hero Billboard Charts were announced, and true to his promise, Slade started his hunt. Civilians, heroes, or villains, he didn't care about their age, social class, or job, as long as they had a criminal record, they got his attention.

Citizens from different prefectures slowly got accustomed to the sight of his hovercraft or him patrolling, conducting raids on his own, or handing the criminals to the police.

Said criminals were delivered in different states of injuries, which, from the looks of it, varied depending on the gravity of their crimes.

Robbers and thugs were usually covered in bruises and a broken arm or two, while drug dealers and corrupted business owners had all their limbs broken if not directly crippled.

People who gained their fortune through illegal means, like fraud or money laundering, a great majority were blinded and chopped off their hands.

As for human trafficking groups and the most corrupted people...

Those who were in the lower ranks were blessed if they ended with just some broken bones, while those who were deeply involved in that line of job...

Let's just say that they were lucky if they made it out alive...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After many weeks of investigation, Naomasa Tsukauchi finally got the lead on where a group that was heavily involved with human trafficking and smuggling was located.

Under the unmerciful heavy rain, many heroes and police units surrounded a prominent brothel in one of the most notorious red-light districts in all of Tokyo.

The fact that it was a brothel filled him with a sense of dread, not to add how erratic the investigation was at its first stages, like multiple pieces of evidence mysteriously disappearing, key witnesses being silenced, including those who were placed under witness protection and higher-ups trying to declare the case closed or cold.

This is why he decided to call for reinforcements from the Top 10 heroes, Eraserhead and Edgeshot, both of whom had experience dealing with covert and underground operations, and the newest number one pro hero, Slade, who despite his age, had experience dealing with large criminal organizations.

What made the three of them peculiar compared to the rest of their colleagues was their nonsense attitude, with Eraserhead cold logic, Edgeshot ever calm yet cold attitude, and Slade's deathly efficiency, that and the dislike the three of them had for the bureaucracy and media.

Which made them perfect for today's operation.

Clearing his throat, to attract their attention, to start a general briefing.

"Gentlemen! I apologize for summoning in such late hours" he started "But for this raid to be a complete success it needs to be executed at its peak hours"

The three heroes nodded in understanding.

"The objective here is to arrest the Fourth Yamaken Gumi, a yakuza group that historically was one of the largest in Japan before the resurgence of Quirks, where they lost most of their power"

"However with the fall of All for One and the subsequent defeat of the Paranormal Liberation Front and the death of Shigaraki, they saw a chance to fill the empty throne he left behind"

"From the intel our undercover agent provided us, they use this brothel as their main operation center and headquarters, and it is common for them to hold a meeting at this hour"