Chapter 13: Second Day

Students yawned as they lazily made their way to the camp's training grounds, preparing themselves for another hellish day. Today, both classes will be swapping areas, with class 1-B focusing on quirk training and class 1-A on combat training (to their own dismay).

It didn't take long before all type of screams filled the air.

"DIE!!" screamed Bakugo, trying to blast Slade away.

Said man evaded the powerful blast with a backflip.

"Recipro Burst!" Iida tried to kick him making use the power his leg engines provided.

The teacher crouched down, evading it by a hair's breadth, before hitting Ingenium's young brother with his wooden sword with a vicious upper cut. Immediately after it, Slade had to evade Aoyama navel laser, forcing him to jump in the air to avoid it hitting his abdomen. Momo tried to take advantage of that using her staff, but the young teacher evaded the thrust by twisting like a snake midair, and then knocked the weapon out of her hands with a well-placed hit on her dominant hand.

Upon landing the teacher was greeted by a barrage of punches, kicks, and tail blows, courtesy of Kirishima and Ojiro who moved in tandem like they trained together for a lifetime.

"So, they are attacking me nonstop no I have no chance to counter them huh..." he thought, as he parried the attacks with ease "not bad... but their teamwork is still lacking."

With a reverse roundhouse kick, he tossed both combatants to both sides, with Kirishima crashing with Bakugo and Ojiro with Iida. Momo, instead, tossed her staff and decided to approach him with a medieval sword.

" An Oakeshott Type XIII... and Italian school swordsmanship... Decent... but sloppy... that type is not suited for her" he muttered as he dodged her wild swing and disarmed her, before making her stumble back with a front kick.

"Just stop moving damn it!" Bakugo yelled again, coming from above with another round of explosions.

Dodging through them, he closed the distance between them an took both his hands, pulling the angry Pomeranian towards him in order to knee him in the stomach. Tossing him aside, he didn't have time to check his surroundings before his body went auto pilot and dodged a punch to his face and then a kick to his stomach.

"Denki Kaminari... one of the students with a lot of hidden potential..." he thought as he evaded blow after blow.

Flashback

"So basically, what are you telling me is that all you can do is absorbing large quantities of electricity, and then releasing all of them at once, hoping that you can take out your enemies in one shot?" Slade deadpanned.

"Yeah..." Kaminari replied nervously.

"This got to be the most idiotic and suicidal strategy I have ever heard" Slade sighed.

Under his tutelage, the blonde boy managed to get at least a small grasp of the delicate part of his quirk, by controlling the voltage and output of the electricity he released, and then channeling it across his entire body, akin to a body cloak, making him basically a living taser.

Granted, he couldn't keep it for a long time, and the voltage was not very high, but it was enough to stun people, making Kaminari, from one of the ineptest combatants in the class to a dangerous close range combat specialist. Unfortunately for him, he still had a long way to go, as Slade had higher resistance and experience in spades dealing with electric quirk users that channeled voltage way higher than his.