Chapter 56: Mid-Term Exam

Multiple buses crowded around Takoba National Stadium, as students prepared themselves for their Provisional License Exams, or in the case of many, to retake it and renew their licenses.

Due to the chaos that ensued last year, the Commission was forced to postpone it until order was restored, thus extending the licenses of all heroes in training, which normally only lasted six months.

So as soon as the exams dates were announced multiple heroic academies scrambled to reserve their spots, with UA and Shiketsu being no exception.

A commotion arose when the students from the best heroic school of the west appeared, silently grabbing their suitcases, and without wasting time walked to the stadium.

However, their entrance paled in comparison to the one of UA, where instead of a bus, a magnificent hovercraft materialized itself in the sky to the awed look of everyone, as it landed silently.

From the inside, UA Second Year Heroic Courses came out, all grabbing their suitcases, and like their counterparts in the west, all sporting serious faces.

The whispers reached a new crescendo when Pro Hero Eraserhead and Vlad King descended from the hovercraft after them, and shouts of surprise could be heard, when Number One Pro Hero Slade appeared.

Ignoring the crowd around, Slade directed his gaze towards his students, who were looking at him expectant.

"A few words are in order I suppose... This might be just a Provisional License Exam, but nonetheless, remember why are you here and why are you doing this... Be confident but don't get arrogant, always expect the unexpected, show the embodiment of Plus Ultra, and remember..."

"This isn't just a simple test... what are you about to enter a battlefield... and in a battlefield..." he let out a little smirk "don't hold back"

Many passers-by swore that all students eyes flashed red for a brief second.

With a wave of his hand, Slade dismissed his students as he and his fellow teachers went to find the seating places.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprisingly, the stadium stands were packed, either of teachers, Pro Heroes, or government agents alike.

The UA teachers found themselves seating in the middle of a crowd that was composed of staff from Ketsubetsu Academy, Seiai Academy, and Shiketsu High.

To the consternation of Aizawa, his spot was right next to Joke, who immediately started to pester him, making him say goodbye to any chances of getting a nap. Slade and Vlad King, instead, opted to engage in politely conversations with their nearby teachers.

"I am still puzzled why they choose the same test" Kizuke Yuhi a teacher of Shiketsu High commented to his fellow teachers, who nodded their heads in agreement.

Prior to the arrival of the teachers of UA, they have been heavily engaged in a discussion on why the Hero Commission decided to maintain the same exam they enacted the last year.

"I suppose is in order to make them overconfident, for those who have passed and those who have not, making them think that having previous knowledge and experience of the last exam is guaranteed to make them pass" a teacher of Seiai Academy voiced her thoughts

"So the main objective is not only to oversee if they are able to cooperate between themselves but also see if they can't take their exams seriously despite having previous knowledge of it" Joke finished

Their conversation was bought to a halt when their screens focused on the UA sector. Unsurprisingly many schools attempted to continue the "UA crush" tradition, only to receive a rude awakening.