Chapter 10: I Island Incident

Wearing an elegant black tuxedo and holding a champagne glass, from one corner of the enormous banquet hall, Slade quietly examined all the guests that were currently attending the reception party, which was already filled to the brim with different influential figures, from high ranking politicians and ambassadors to internationally recognized heroes. Even from where he positioned himself, his presence didn't go unnoticed by many, not that it surprised him, as the display he put that afternoon plus the black katana hanging from his hip were not exactly inconspicuous.

Even if he received frowns from many heroes, the majority of the guests acknowledged him with small nods which suited him fine, he was not in the mood for chats, but to observe. Despite the amount of veteran Pro Heroes present in the room, he couldn't shake the feeling that something big was going to happen.

He was cut out of his thoughts when he felt an enormous presence approaching him.

"YOUNG SLADE! ARE YOU ENJOYING THIS PARTY?" the Symbol of Peace, All Might, exclaimed

"Of course, All Might..." he replied, taking a sip of his champagne.

All Might look ready to engage him with a trivial conversation, only for his exasperation to be swarmed by other guests, making Slade chuckle inwardly, before turning his attention back to the party.

He had not seen either Melissa or his students, so he assumed that they were late. Not that he was annoyed for that, this reception party was proving itself to be quite boring, and more, if you knew next to nothing about the political topics or advanced research the guests were talking about.

However, his focus wasn't on them.

The security guards, from what he saw so far, were showing very erratic behavior, evidenced by their body language, plus the aura he felt from them, which did nothing but raise his suspicions that something was wrong, David and his assistant's erratic behavior didn't help either.

The party was interrupted by the wail of the emergency alarms, and in a sudden burst, armed people invaded the banquet hall and pointed their weapons at the numerous

"What is happening?" Some muttered, completely startled

"Surrender yourselves! This entire island is now under our control!" shouted the ringleader, as he fired a couple of shots to the air, earning some shrieks of panic

Some Pro Heroes tried to intercept the invaders, but as they were rushing towards them, the villain pressed some buttons from a remote on his wrist, and activated the Central Tower defense system, catching all the Heroes by surprise, as numerous bindings were shot from the floor, restraining all of them, some tried to break free, but found themselves unable to do so as the bindings proved to be very resistant. Even All Might was struggling to free himself.

Slade on the other hand managed to dodge the one directed to him, and then rushed towards the villain group. Taking advantage that all the guests were on their knees, he leaped through a table, grabbed the cutlery on it, specifically the knives, and used them as improvised projectiles. It took the villains ten seconds to find out that one guest evaded capture, but by then, Slade reduced their numbers by half.

Downing two by piercing their chest with two well-thrown knives, Slade unsheathed his sword as he ran out of knives, and amidst the confusion he created, he ran his weapon through the chest of the villain that was the furthest from the ringleader, before cleanly chopping off the hand of the one next to him, but as he was about to go for the ringleader, he was shot with a dart, making him fall on his knees, as drowsiness quickly started to kick in.

"As expected from a top mercenary" the ringleader clapped as he approached him, completely uncaring that Slade practically wiped out the majority of his men.