Chapter 57: A Much Needed Reunion

Touya Todoroki was bored to the bone, here he was, laying on a plain prison bed attached to a wall, having already lost count of how many days have passed over ever since his capture.

Don't take him wrong, he felt completely honored and a little prideful by the fact that they deemed him dangerous enough to be imprisoned in Tartarus. Thankfully he was not declared mentally insane otherwise he would be strapped to a chair in a force jacket.

That didn't mean that his stay would be entertaining, as all he could see were four white walls, a white ceiling, a white door, and a white floor, heck even the toilet was white.

All prisoners were denied the right to know what was happening on the outside, meaning that they were completely isolated, they even denied books. The only activities they had was walking endlessly in circles, eating and sleeping, all accompanied by the static voice of the guards yelling them orders, or the sound of the four turrets perched on the ceiling tracking every movement he made, looking for the smallest amount of blue fire so they could shoot at him.

This, for many, would be maddening, most normal people would go insane in a matter of days. But he was far from normal, as he found himself in his new living quarters oddly comforting.

It gave him time, time that he didn't have while he survived alone in the streets, time to meditate, to clear his mind, to think.

He didn't regret many actions he made, those fake heroes deserved to die, like his old man, just like Stain proclaimed, they were fakes that only care for money and their own image, tainting the name of heroics. They must be purged in order to clear this society from their rot, their decay.

He joined the League of Villains not because the man child brainwashed philosophy, but because it gave him plenty of resources and opportunities, while it also gave him the chance to interact with kindred souls that suffered because of the twisted views of the current society.

And despite the low expectations (which could always go lower) he had for them, they took over the Meta Liberation Army, Shigaraki tamed Gigantomachia and then they formed the Paranormal Liberation Army. For a fleeting moment, the dream of toppling down the hero society and ruin his old man seemed close.

But all came to a stop when he appeared on that battlefield.

The son of Drakon, the son of the legendary hero couple, he who defeated Stain and All for One, saving All Might in the process, and also little Shoto teacher.

In the beginning, he thought he was just another fake, but his speech and mannerism after the battle and during the Hero JP Billboard Charts proved him otherwise.

He didn't brag about his victories nor boast about his abilities. He disliked the media, even going as far as subtly threatening them in public. He didn't care about his image or reputation, stating that the only thing he wanted was to reform Japanese Society.

Even though the New Number One was still an enigma for him, mostly because of the fact that he left him alive, he watched him as he mercilessly killed the rest of the League, and just as he felt the shadow of death on him, the young teacher spared him.

Which was ridiculous as out of all the members of the league, after the real boss and Shigaraki, he probably had the highest kill count.

His musings were interrupted when a static voice announced that he had visitors.

The wall next to him collapsed, revealing a long window that stretched all along where the wall once was.

Behind it was Slade, dressed in a suit instead of his war armor.