Chapter 7: First Term Final Exams

Just as Nezu predicted, the arrival of the new combat teacher set a chain of mixed reactions and opinions from students and teachers alike.

Despite being hired to specifically teach the Heroic Department, Slade shocked the entire faculty and student body, when he requested to include the other Departments under his wing, as he quoted.

"You hail yourselves as the best Heroic College in Japan, yet you don't even bother to teach even basic self-defense to the other courses, how the School Board never thought about it is both baffling and moronic"

Such action alone was enough for Slade to gain the whole respect of them, particularly from the General Studies students, because usually they were seen by the public eye as the leftover courses, but with Slade decision to teach and train them, they saw hope, hope to no longer be seen as nobodies, but to stand on equal ground next to the heroic courses.

As for the Support Department, he not only taught them self-defense, but also the ability to work under extreme pressure, not the type of pressure that came from a project death line but the one present when multiple lives depended on the machine being worked on, as sometimes engineers were called to the frontlines of warzones to repair damaged equipment. Although the students were completely caught off guard by the new subject, they accepted it wholeheartedly, as it was a new challenge for them.

Plus Ultra and all.

Even though, none of this could be compared to the real shock that came when they come to know the age of their teacher, which was 18, roughly the same age as the first years, something unbelievable, as his mannerism and personality were more fit for a war veteran. And against all odds, even with his highly unorthodox teaching methods, he gained a lot of popularity and admiration from the students, to the point of even having his own fan base, but he, to the dismay of everyone, was completely oblivious of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say that the students from class 1-A were nervous was an understanding. Even Bakugo and Todoroki showed signs of unease, no matter how much they tried to hide it.

They knew that the written exam was going to be difficult, but they were completely caught out of guard with Slade's test. Instead of asking questions about different events and what strategies were used, as all students thought, his test consisted of different hypothetical scenarios, from a simple raid, to a warzone, where he paired the students in different groups, asking them what approach they will take, what back up plan they have, and how they will improvise should the situations turns more dangerous.

So understandably, the test was much more difficult compared to the others, and here they were now, standing in front of the gates of one of UA fake cities, waiting for the practical start, completely mentally drained.

Still many of them had hope, as they got word from the third year students that the first term final exam usually involved battling robots, but then, the presence of their new combat teacher made them wary.

The arrival of all their teacher completely confused them, but at the same time confirmed their suspicions: the exam had been changed

"Hello, my dear students! But contrary to your expectation, I am afraid that from this day on the contents of the test will be changed!" Nezu exclaimed, emerging from the nest of capture weapon around Eraserhead's neck

"Due to the sudden surge of villains, plus what happened at USJ, it was decided that the academy will take a more person on person battle activities approach, as a mean to emphasize a teaching environment close to a real battle... So for today, you will be in pair and your opponent will be..." Aizawa continued as Nezu climbed down