Dance with me (Thirdunion AU)

Disclaimer: I do not support nazcism or any kind of fascism, this is just a fictional story with a fictional version of fictional characters ^w^

The beautiful colors of the sunset painted the palace with warm colors as the guests of the ballroom started arriving. The sound of soft drinks being poured in crystal glasses and the soft murmur of polite conversations being the background music before the big event.

The german family had invited the families of all the kingdoms around in hopes to find a perfect match to the heir. Third, the second son of the King, knew Weimar was very uncomfortable with the idea of choosing a proper fiance in such a little time. He felt kinda sorry for his older brother. He couldn't imagine having to find someone in that way, just so the Kingdom could have a next heir to the throne.

He sighed, welcoming the next important person that went through the doors with a fake smile and a simple nod. This wasn't part of his duties, after all being the second son in line he could just roam around the room, leaving his dad and brother the boring task of saluting every guest... But of course that wouldn't allow him to be close to his dear lover.

He took a little moment of freedom to gaze at the other man, standing completely still at the side of the doors, hands at his side waiting for the smallest sign of danger to draw his sword and attack. There he was, quiet and invisible to the high class people who passed him without a second glance. Oh, how would they react if they knew the truth? Probably making a big scandal out of it.

His thoughts were interrupted by the next couple in line, their daughter looking at him in an almost too sweet way. He groaned inside, this was going to be a long night.

---------

It was irritating. He couldn't have a single minute without a girl being introduced to him, a nobleman asking about politics or a completely stranger saying they were an aunt or an uncle that hadn't seen him since he was a baby. It was just exhausting. He couldn't imagine how was Weimar right now.

Soviet had probably ended his shift something like an hour ago, so he was left there, trapped and with nothing to do.

Suddenly, music started to sound, filling every corner of the room, people looking rapidly for a partner to dance with. Oh hell no. He decided it was his cue to leave and started looking for his father. He found him talking with an old man, probably another king, judging by his clothes.

"I deeply apologize for the interruption, father, I'm just here to notify you that I'll be heading off to my chambers right now" he spoke cautiously and politely.

"Oh son, won't you stay a little more? The evening is just starting and you haven't had the opportunity to dance yet. I'm sure there's a Lady that would be happy to have you as her partner."

His dad was talking about the girl that had been staring at him for hours now, probably hopping that he would talk to her, at least to keep an image as a respectful man.

But he wouldn't.

"I'm afraid these last weeks have been restless for me, father. I'll be ashamed to present myself under a bad light just because of my lack of sleep"

He knew his dad would give up. He knew he had been working hard with an important project for the last days, and that he was probably too tired to continue.

"I understand son, you may leave"

He nodded and retired, walking towards a hall before quickly taking a servants stairs and getting out of the palace.

Of course he wasn't that tired. He laughed under his breathe, walking slowly towards the building where the guards lived. He knew the perfect way to make it there without being noticed, hiding perfectly under the shadow of the trees and picking a little rock on his way. Once he faced the windows he threw the little rock towards the right one, making a little sound.

Soon enough, Soviet was looking down at him, waving his hand softly. He smiled, waving his own hand. Some minutes, and his lover was by his side, smiling sweetly at him.

They walked towards the glass garden house of the palace, far enough to evade curious eyes. The garden had a wonderful design of concentric circles connecting eachother with a gravel path, like a little maze of vegetation that hid their meetings.

They seated side by side in the middle of the labyrinth, the fragrance of the roses filling the air, their hands intertwining, like two pieces of a puzzle fitting perfectly.

"I missed you"

"I missed you too"

It was incredible the way they changed around eachother, Third thought, both of them strong and respectable men at the eyes of strangers, but here, far away from other people's judging stares, they were just two men in love.

The distant sound of the music brought Third to reality.

"Hey, I've been dying all night to do this"

"What?"

He got up and, in a perfect and elegant bow, extended a hand towards Soviet.

"May a have this dance? My dear gentleman"

Soviet giggled, before getting up and making an exaggerated bow.

"Oh,yes you may Your Majesty. But I'm afraid I'll deeply disappoint you."

"Ja,  do you think I didn't noticed you paying attention to my waltz classes?"

Soviet blushed deeply, before reaching for the other's hand.

Swiftly Third took him close to his body by the waist, taking the taller man into his embrace.

Soon both of their feet started moving slowly, Soviet trying to match the steps of his partner. He had been kind of jealous looking at the noble girl who seemed to follow Third around all night. But here they were, cheek to cheek, dancing to the far away melody of the waltz like none of those idiots could, bodies already knowing eachother, like if it was destined to be. Maybe he wasn't one of them, maybe he didn't belong to that palace, but Reich was his and he was Reich's, and nothing could change that.

As the songs carried on, they continue dancing, both hearts in synchrony and when the last tone of a sad violin cried to the night, they kissed goodbye before parting ways.

When the sun started to rise, they could still feel the other in their arms.

A/N:
I'm too cheesy, ain't I? TwT jajajjaj I was just listening to the history of waltz and started making this scenario in my head, and just had to write it!
Anyway, I hope you're having a great day!!!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧ bye!~