Our safe place in the middle of the dark (North x South Korea pt 1)

Disclaimer: This story contains the North Korea x South Korea ship, but they are NOT brothers. Also, the war mentioned for the sake of the story is completely fictional and doesn't intent to portray any real one. This is just an AU. But if you still don't feel comfortable with this I suggest you to skip this chapter.

On the other hand, I do NOT support any kind of dictatorship, this is just a fictional story with fictional characters.

Ok? Ok... Let's go.

----------------------------

They met in secret, in one of the broken buildings of the destroyed city. The cold concrete made his steps resonate, echoing in the halls, the wind entering the broken windows and the holes on the walls.

South continued to walk, knowing the way from memory, passing empty rooms and humid spaces before stopping in front of a small storage room. For everyone it could see like a normal place to save supplies but he and North knew better.

He entered the little space, kneeling and pulling one of the tiles on the floor, making sure to put it down silently. After that, he opened the small door under it, entering a small entrance and making sure to close the wood door when he was inside, letting the tile over it so it fell back into its place.

He turned on his flashlight, walking through the narrow hallway until a pair of stairs appeared in front of him, the walls were wet and the old lights above were completely useless.

Walking down he was met with a metal door, the entrance to a secret bunker nobody had found about.

He smiled, opening the entrance and smiling when he found North laying on the mattress they had found there. Their eyes met and the other male pat the space on his side, asking him with a smile to rest with him.

He rolled his eyes, smiling mischievously before throwing himself at the other, surprising him and leaving him with no air for a few seconds.

"It's on!" The blue country screamed, laughing while he turned the tables, pinning him against the bed and tickling him with a big smile.

South trashed around, laughing breathlessly and trying to get the other off him.

"Ah- I'm I'm so-sorry North" he said between laughs. "I I surrender!!!"

The other stopped and he stood there for a second, gasping for air with a few small laughs.

North gave him a sweet kiss on the forehead before pecking his lips.

"Hi South. How's been life without me?" The other asked laying on his hand and putting the weight on his elbow.

"I've missed you a lot" whispered the white country, his hand flying to the others cheek before worry filled his eyes.

"How's your eye going?" He asked looking at the bandaged eye of his lover.

North lowered his gaze, laying on the bed completely and putting his hand over South's.

"It hurts a little but I'm getting used to it" his only eye evade looking at South. It wasn't easy to loose a whole eye, half of your vision and even part of your deepness perception, but North didn't like to worry his partner.

South sighed getting closer to the other and hugging him.

North relaxed, breathing in and ignoring the smell of gun powder, dirt and humidity that filled the air. Both of their uniforms were filled with the smell of death and war. It didn't matter how clean they were, the awful smell seemed to linger, like the blood on their hands.

It was pointless, the battles, the fights, the war machines. What was the reason? Oh, yes. Gaining lands, power, money... It was so stupid, money couldn't buy back the lives of the corpses that filled the ground and power couldn't erase the horrors they had committed.