Snowstorm (Thirdunion vampire AU pt 4)

Disclaimer: I don't support nazism (Ew, gosh, no, that's disgusting!!!). This is just a story of fictional characters in a little fictional world. If you don't feel comfortable with this, just skip this chapter. Thank u!

(Beware the angst. Ok no. Hahahaha. Uff, this ended up being a small book!! XP sorry, anyway this is the last chapter of this Vampire story)

---------------------------------------------

He ran, ignoring the flinching pain of the bruises on his knees and hands, product of running through the forest without paying attention. It didn't matter, he had to get to the town soon.

His legs almost gave up a few times, but he pushed himself to continue forward. The silhouette of the village appeared in the distance, its dark shape contrasting against the setting sun, the greens and yellows of the landscape turning into oranges, reds and warmer colors.

Lowering his speed, he pulled up the hood of his cloak, trying to control his breathing as he started walking through the dirt path that was the main road.

He needed something.

Today they had tried to break the curse once again, but something had been different this time.

It had worked.

The symbols on the floors had started to shine, the blue and calming light illuminating Third's surprised face inside of the circle. In a matter of minutes, though, everything had went south. As Third's fangs had started getting smaller and the light on his eyes disappeared to a normal set of eyes, the other had suddenly stopped moving as in pause.

He had understood then that there was something missing. The life. Third's skin continued being that ash and pale tone of red, his heart silent when he had approached horrified to check on him.

Plants hadn't been enough.

He lowered his head as he dashed through the paths, looking for an specific place.

A life for a life. The spell was going to fade away the next morning if he didn't find a way to fix this up.

He had read something about sacrificing animals as a good way to prolonging life for a small time. He tried to shake the feeling of sadness that came with the idea. Even if he had promised not to succumb to the dark magic, what else was he supposed to do?

As soon as the magic from the circle disappeared, Third was going to die. The only thing keeping him alive at this very moment was the magic around him, and he could feel his power draining as the time passed.

He had to do it. He had to break the promise of not using sacrifices if he wanted Third to survive, at least for enough time for him to figure out a definitive solution. Being so, he walked to a place close to the slaughter house, were he remembered his father buying some animals for the farm from time to time.

Suddenly he felt paralyzed as a well known gaze met with his. The man narrowed his eyes and instantly recognized him under the cloak, taking a few steps back shaking his head.

"You. How are you alive? You ran into the cursed forest. You should be dead!" the man started in a quiet voice, but soon his volume increased, people around them starting to turn around.

His father, the cruel man that he had feared his entire life, approached with large steps and he tried to keep the distance, but couldn't react fast enough.

"You could only inhabit that forest if you made a pact with the devil. I knew it! You've become just like your cursed mother!" The man screamed and soon multiple people started talking.