Exhaustion (UK x France pt 2- Collab)

This is the second part of this story (if you haven't read the first part, what are you doing here? Go read it first!!! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧), and it's a collab with the incredible MynameisAppleUWU so please go check it out on their account too!!!

----------------------------------------------------

Britain glanced up at the huge building that lay in front of him, the warm New York wind blowing through his hair. Glancing down at his briefcase he took in a deep breath, brushing the wrinkles out of his suit as another gust of wind hit his face. Taking a step forward he opened the double crystal doors, tightening the coat around him when he was met by the cold air conditioning of the place. The building itself was a madhouse, countries, and representatives scurrying back and forth, making small talk with others.

He was going to miss France, maybe they could have held hands like they had done other times, and he wouldn't be that cold. She always calmed his nerves and made these mandatory meetings so much better. They wouldn't even pay attention half the time, rather stare at each other with longing eyes and chuckle at others.

Exhaling air through his mouth he walked into the meeting room, curtly nodding at other countries that greeted him politely as he made his way into his own seat, curling his hands into fists to try and keep them warm.

Putting down his briefcase, he sat on the chair with his name, pulling out both his and France's folders before staring at the empty seat on his side. A bright silver plaque with France's name shined in the light, seemingly following his eyes everywhere he looked.

The country sighed, letting his shoulders slump a little as he wondered how his dear wife was doing. The trip from home to here was a little bit long so, under normal circumstances, she would have already started to awaken, but considering how tired she had been, she was probably still deep in sleep.

He smiled slightly, hearing a shuffle from behind his chair. It didn't take long to know who it was.

"America, I know you're there, stop being childish and get out from under the table," He said, faking a serious and commanding voice and trying to suppress the laughter as he heard his older son jumping, hitting his head by consequence and cursing under his breath.

"It's nice to see you pops" the slightly shorter male crawled out from under the large table, rubbing his head with a groan.

"Great to see you still have that inner child intact, America, but maybe it would be better if you left that for outside of a UN meeting?" He replied with a smile, rolling his eyes.

"Come on, the meeting hasn't technically begun, so I can be my usual self and let the serious scary me for later. You can seriously be quite boring sometimes, old man" The white country replied with a small pout, sitting on top of the table and crossing his arms.

The older man just laughed at the younger country, shaking his head at his antics. "Well, how about you spare this old man from your jokes for today? I'll be quite busy today, you see" He said, opening his folder and pushing his son softly away for some space on the desk.

America raised an eyebrow, finally noticing France's empty seat, pointing at it and opening his mouth to talk, before being abruptly interrupted by another voice.

"Oi, NZ look who it is!" a familiar accent drifted into the Brits' hearing as he looked slowly to the left. In front of him proudly stood his remaining sons, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia, all carrying some sort of stack of papers with them minus America who never seemed to do his projects no matter how much the UN threatened him.