Please don't take him away from me (UK X France AU pt 2)

He tore his eyes away from the computer screen for the thousandth time in the day, his thoughts drifting away from the request from the market department that had stayed unresolved for the past hour. His gaze was pulled to the crystal windows on the other side of the room, were the sight of skyscrapers dissolved into the misty sky, surrounded by gray clouds and a heavy fog.

Biting his lip he finally gave into the need to see the small and homey coffee shop on the corner of the street.

Walking slowly, he pretended to walk to the hallway that lead to the bathrooms, but stood in front of the windows instead, peeking into the street to catch a sight of dear France's business.

It was still closed.

He went into the bathroom with a heavy sigh, standing in front of the mirror and splashing water into his face.

He was starting to crave a coffee. Sure, he could have walked to the closest Starbucks- about fifteen minutes from the building- and take his lunch there, but he would prefer to drink the tasteless coffee machine produced abomination in the corner of the office, than an overpriced attempt of a coffee with more refined sugar that a birthday cake and too many ingredients for a human mind to process. Instead, he had just went to the cafeteria, bought a couple sandwiches and an iced lemon tea, and went back to work.

There was really nothing like the French's coffee to lighten his days.

He felt his cheeks blushing at the memory of the other country, he raised his eyes to his reflection and sighed in defeat at his obnoxiously enamoured face.

At least Spain wasn't here to tease him about his crush.

They had met some time ago when the woman had entered his department and their boss had asked him to show her the ropes. Both of them had quickly became friends and soon became a sort of dynamic duo in the office. She had been sweet and nice to work with and they were able to joke about the same things, at some point she had even asked him out but he had kindly declined.

Now, don't get him wrong, Spain was gorgeous, sure, and her personality was bright and never bothersome, she was smart and outgoing and everything a man -or woman- would ever want.

But his heart already belonged to the tricoloured woman of the coffee shop.

Spain had only shrugged with a laugh and continued working until she had see him packing excitedly to head to the coffee shop. Intrigued, she had asked him if he had a crush and, after his too obvious stuttering and blushing, she had opened her sparkling eyes wide and demanded to meet them.

At the end he had resigned to his fate and had taken her to meet France, only to find out the two of them already knew eachother.

What a little world.

Spain had teased him kindly, as friendly as ever even after his rejection, immediately approving on his choices and deciding to stick with him to make sure he confessed one day.

'Both of you are so shy, it would be really cute! I bet if I don't push you, nothing will happen!' She had exclaimed with a lecturing tone.

He rolled his eyes. Well, it wasn't as if she was wrong, he certainly didn't have the guts to ask the woman out and so his punishment had been to be embarrassed in front of his unaware crush over and over again.

Sighing one last time, he made sure he was as presentable as possible before returning to the office, on his way there he stopped by the window and looked down to the coffee shop once again.