Thunderstorm (Scotland x Ireland AU)

Scotland's POV

He sighed while he looked out of the window, his fingers hovering over the keypad of his phone without really knowing what to write down. The rain danced on the roof, pouring without a care in the world as the clouds covered the sky, not allowing the light of the moon to give some clue as to what happened a few meters outside of the house.

His eyes trailed down to the blinking cursor on the small screen of the device before he simply decided to close it.

There was no use in sending a text right now, Ireland would probably be on his way soon and, considering the phone signal was awful on rainy days, the SMS wouldn't reach it's destiny on time.

Huffing, he made himself more comfortable on the couch, the blanket over him barely enough to keep the coldness at bay.

The blue country had finished his work earlier today and even if he had been happy for having a free afternoon, he wished his partner had been free too.

These past months the both of them had been too busy and tired to spend more than a few minutes together, the need for sleep more urgent than anything and their schedules overlapping.

It was almost a dark joke from destiny.

He grumbled, frowning as he looked at the window once again. The fog covered the crystal and he didn't think twice before using the sleeve of his work shirt to clean it. His eyes followed a small drop that fell down the transparent surface, colliding with other raindrops as they raced towards the wooden frame of the window.

The circular drop of water stopped flowing, not being able to touch the one beside it so that they could continue their trip together. Instead, they both stayed there, frozen in place as the storm continued.

His frown only deepened.

He wouldn't allow them to continue through this path. He wouldn't allow them both to be like the two raindrops on the window, separated, still and unable to keep moving forward. In an almost childish impulse of reinforcing that thought, he brought his index finger to the glass, tapping furiously on the crystal until both raindrops united in one and continued falling down.

He rolled his eyes. Maybe he was being kind of dramatic. They just needed to talk this out and then everything would be alright.

The sound of keys clinking against each other made him jump out of the couch and in a few seconds he was swinging the door wide open.

The sight of a soaking wet Ireland made him stop his train of thoughts.

"Scot!" The tricolored country greeted with a smile, almost jumping to hug him before the blue country stopped him.

"You're soaking wet, let me bring you a towel" he said, running to the second floor and into the bedroom closet to take a clean towel for his partner. Running downstairs, he helped Ireland with his jacket and shoes while he tried not to flood all the front porch with water.

He threw the wet clothes inside the washing machine, not wasting any time to close the door and dropping the towel over his husband's head, brushing him carefully until he was dry enough.

"Can I get my kiss now?" Asked the green, white and orange country with a smile. "I've been waiting to see you all day!"

Scotland laughed, nodding and pulling the other into a hug, pecking his lips softly before letting go.

"Aw, Don't pull away! You're warm!" Ireland said with an exaggerated pout and, for a moment, the blue male wondered why he loved this corny idiot so much.

"Well, too bad. I can't be your personal heater"

The tricolored man smirked before jumping into the other's arms against his wishes. "I've taken you hostage! Now give me warmth Scot!!!"