Mystery (Amerus School AU pt 2)

(I told you I was going to make a part two soon! And here we are... If you haven't read part one... What are you doing here? >:D Go read it before! Now before we start, some warnings...

WARNING: This chapter contains mentions of blood, graphic descriptions of suicide and a faint mention of bullying. If any of this triggers you or makes you uncomfortable, please leave this chapter. Your mental health is of great importance. Please remember if you ever have suicidal or depressive thoughts, ending it all is not the answer, please contact someone you can trust, a family member, a friend or an specialist. You are not alone.)

---------------------

Russia's POV

He was running, the sound of crows chasing after him as he ran deeper into the dark forest. He could feel his bare feet being cut by the sharp stones on the ground, but he kept on running, tears falling down his face.

He felt something materialize on his hand, growing like a flower from the center of his palm, slowly taking shape and forcing his fingers to open.

He looked down, his eyes opening as a wrinkled piece of paper bloomed into a letter, the words written with black ink slowly making their way into the yellowish paper, forming sentences and paragraphs. A flower of written death. He tried to read the moving letters, too concentrated on it to feel the ground slip under his own weight. He raised his gaze only to find himself rolling down a hill, the branches and spines of dead trees and bushes tearing his flesh as he fell.

His body came to a stop, the ground feeling now solid and smooth. He opened his eyes only to find a wooden floor. The sound of dead weight hanging from a rope made him gag, and the words on the letter started to bleed, the black ink turning into a dark and red substance that mixed everything together. He tried to look up, feeling his paralyzed limbs go numb, his head forced to bow by gravity, his eyes fixated on the perfectly polished floor, where the reflection of his father watched him with open eyes, neck swollen and a body that moved slowly from one side to the other, hanging from the ceiling.

The blood from the letter started to fill the room, reaching his unmoving body, climbing up his thighs and up his chest. When the dark pool of liquid reached his face the sound of the crows started to turn into voices, laughs. As he started to choke, the reflection of his father opened his bloody mouth, the sound of the rope even stronger.

'I'm sorry'

He drowned.

------------

He jolted awake, sweating profusely and panting in horror. His heart was racing, his hands shaked and his teeth clenched trying to suppress a scream.

He sobbed, as the tears started pouring from his eyes. It had been five years since that day, but he still had nightmares about it. He walked to the bathroom, preparing the bathtub while he brushed his teeth. The reflection on the mirror looked at him, waiting for something, a response to an unsaid question.

He looked at the bathtub with fear.

He took a quick bath and got ready for school.

He was always scared he might end up following his father's footsteps, the loneliness and pain almost driving him sometimes to commit the horrific act.

Life looked so hard at times, completely void of color and repetitive as a broken record. There were just some occasions when life would feel a little better but depression seemed to linger into every happy moment like a parasite draining his life away.

Since he had transferred to this school he had felt his mental health worsen, preventing him to enjoy things, just leaving little gaps of actual emotions. It was funny how those little moments looked so vivid in comparison with the rest of the time, things that others would overlook. The praising of a good work made him proud, the murmuring of nonsense made him mad, the smell of flowers made him happy and the stories on the books made him sad. It didn't matter what the feeling was, it was precious to him, no matter what.