Airplane crash (Canada x Ukraine AU)

Warning: This story containers descriptions of an airplane almost crashing. Nothing happens, really, but it could be stressful or triggering to some people.

So yeah, leaving that out of the way, let's start!

----------------------------------------------------

Ukraine's POV

He walked to the waiting room where all the passengers of the flight were waiting to be called, sitting in one of the soft blue chairs and taking his passport, ticket and documents out so he could be ready at anytime.

Looking around he gazed at all the different people on the room.

He could see a couple sitting in the back of the room, the wife sleeping soundly on her husband's shoulder as he looked at his cellphone with a smile. The white country with a blue cross was holding the hand of the unconscious blue, black and white woman, tracing circles on her knuckles everytime she flinched in her sleep.

He wondered if he could ever have something like that. Maybe it sounded too corny, but he had always dreamt about meeting his soulmate, his other half.

He smiled and turned around, only to see a group of brothers with similar flags talking in loud whispers as they fought for the last chip on a package, trying not to bring to much attention, but failing miserably. They were speaking a language he could not recognize, and he had a hard time trying not to roll his eyes.

In a way, it made him miss his own siblings a little bit, but he was sure they wouldn't make this kind of scene. No. Bel would probably make that cute face of hers and both he and Kaz would give up immediately. Russia would be probably sleeping with his headphones on, or something.

He shook his head. He would see them soon, this was going to be just for a few months.

Looking around he focused on seeing the other people.

A middle aged tricolored woman was sleeping using two seats, curling in a ball around her hand bag like a mother lion. He rolled his eyes. Close to her a young girl was playing with one of her parents bags, touching the back of the black suitcase of her father as if it was a control panel. It made him remember childhood memories.

He continued analyzing each person that sat around him, from tired passengers to energetic children, going through heartbroken and hopeful expressions. He tried imagining the life of everyone of them, something he enjoyed doing from time to time.

A man entered the small place, almost running through the door before being stopped by the guard.

"Ah! I'm sorry, here's my boarding ticket, this is the right one? Isn't it?" The guy started rambling and the tired guard just checked everything was right, letting him in without a word.

The guy, (who was white, with two red strips on the sides of his face and a red leaf in the middle), sighed, letting himself fall into the seat in front of the slav.

Ukraine looked at him with curiosity, hiding in his hoodie as he did so.

The man took out his headphones from his bag, looking for something specific before putting his phone on his lap, smiling and moving his head at the beat of the song.

Ukraine laughed a little. The guy was kind of cute.

The other opened his eyes, catching him staring, and he felt his face warming in embarrassment. Instead of frowning at him, the stranger just smiled and waved.

He waved back, a little bit confused but grateful the other hadn't thought he was a creep or something.

Almost half an hour later, they were finally called to get into the plane.