Exhaustion (UK x France pt 1- Collab)

Hi there guys!!! This UK X France story is a collab with the wonderful author MynameisAppleUWU  so please go check the story on her account!!!!

Without further ado, let's get into the story!!

-------------------------------------------------

Britain yawned, his exhausted mind still restless even through the heavy fog that seemed to cover each and everyone of his thoughts, the weight of another long day settling over his shoulders in the form of tense muscles on his back. The night was dead quiet, silence extending through the air like the darkness did through the nocturnal sky, being only broken by the rhythmic ticking of a large grandfather clock that stood proudly on one corner of the room.

Today, just as the day before, had been jam packed and a rather slow workday for the country. Things never seemed to calm down, he was always running somewhere, trying to bring aid to someone. Public speaking, taking with the various branches of his government, helping London with various things here and there, meeting with his isles, and finishing up loose paperwork all crammed his schedule and was miraculously finished all in time for him to be back for dinner which he savored with his wife.

He had walked through the door at almost nine in the evening, his suit drenched with sweat and a heavy briefcase in hand, papers almost overflowing from the inside.

Despite the long day and overwhelming list of things that needed to be done, everything seemed to melt away the second France emerged from upstairs, as beautiful as the day he had met her for the first time. Her eyes were opened wide, eyelashes fluttering as she finally noticed his presence in the house, a smile creeping to her lips as she squealed in happiness, running towards him and pulling him into a warm embrace. She was a constant reminder to Britain of what he worked for, her smile and the feeling of their hearts beating together, enough reason to face every hardship of the day.

He could always look forward to seeing her in the evening, and that gave him a small surge of energy when he needed it the most. Her face was always an astonishingly beautiful sight for sore eyes and he was convinced that he had found an angel that walked on the earth.

Everything bad about his day seemed to fix itself as the two sat down in the kitchen and talked about their own day, the smell of her perfume instantly making his tired muscles relax.

Just like him, France seemed to be equally tired and pressured, talking about running four blocks in heels to a meeting when her cab got caught in traffic. Britain listened from the side but found it hard to keep his eyes away from her darkened complexion and dull lilac purple eyes.

It didn't take long for him to notice how exhausted she seemed to be lately, choosing to continue her work instead of relaxing and cuddling on the couch as the couple would often do before the start of another busy day.

The small office in their house had become her own personal bubble, the desk stacked with piles of papers filled with notes and all kinds of different books, which she seemed to switch back and forth in the late evening hours. He had to do something about her working so hard, it wasn't healthy for her to do so in such long durations. He had learned that the hard way a long time ago.

He closed his eyes, trying not to sigh heavily when the comfortable warmth of his wife left his side, the coldness of the night being quick to replace the space she had occupied just a little while ago. The tricolored country murmured something about going back to work, probably thinking he had fallen asleep, and soon the sound of her light steps disappeared deeper into the house.