Our safe place in the middle of the dark (North x South Korea pt 2)

Disclaimer: This story contains the North Korea x South Korea ship, but they are NOT brothers. Also, the war mentioned for the sake of the story is completely fictional and doesn't intent to portray any real one. This is just an AU. But if you still don't feel comfortable with this I suggest you to skip this chapter.

On the other hand, I do NOT support any kind of dictatorship, this is just a fictional story with fictional characters.

Btw, this is the second part of the story. If you haven't read the first one. What are you doing here?

---------------------------------------------------

North's POV

He watched into the distance, the sun slowly falling into the horizon, bathing the hills with warm light. He smiled, closing his eyes and breathing in the pure air.

Five years had passed since they'd found this little piece of land and decided to turn it into their home.

It had been rough to get there. Crossing the forest had been pure hell and for a moment they really believed they were going to die. He could almost see South's tired and skinny form finally collapsing when they had passed that place, breathing heavily and with an awful fever. He hadn't been too well, he himself had been sweating profusely, a horrifying pain spreading from the still healing wound on his side.

But they had made it, together.

After some months recovering, they had decided to look for a peaceful place, far away from the borders, crossing the country until they found the perfect little town.

They had told people they were normal citizens scaping the war, and they had helped them, giving them jobs and a room with low rent. They had saved enough money to buy this little piece of land, and after some research they had started to build their own house.

He could remember South excited face when they finished, his eyes shining with happiness.

Then he had proposed.

He laughed remembering the surprised face of the white country, tears falling from his eyes as he smiled that beautiful smile of his, jumping into his arms and screaming yes a thousand times.

He lowered his gaze to the silver ring on his hand.

It had been so worth it.

They were still afraid of someone finding them and reporting them as traitors. The war had ended two years ago, leaving only devastation on its way, just as it always did. And even now they were still in danger. They were still people who believed anyone who had scaped should be punished, even if they didn't want to be there in the first place. People that, generally, hadn't even seen the horrors of the war with their own eyes, rich or accommodated people that had never received a gunshot and believed patriotism was about killing others in a the name of a flag, of fake honor, of fake values. But their lives would never be on the line.

He growled, trying to shake the creeping feeling of disgust that climbed up his throat.

He sighed.

But for now, they were okay.

A voice coming from the house made him jump. South laughed at his reaction from the door, a spatula on his hand.

"The dinner is ready love" he said before a teasing smile appeared on his face. "Did I scare you?"

North huffed, smiling soon. "Oh, are you trying to pick up a fight?"

"Maybe"

North smiled mischievously, before running after his husband, both of them screaming like little kids and chasing between the furniture. North finally reached the other, hugging the white flag country and lifting him into the air, spinning while they laughed.