In this cruel world, you're the right one (France x UK Omegaverse pt 1)

(I made a faint mention of this in my Thirdunion book 'I am not an Omega!' and I wanted to write about it so bad! This is a fem Alpha France and a male Beta UK, which means obviously that this is in an Omegaverse context. If you don't feel comfortable with this please skip this chapter ^w^

Warning: this story contains mentions of domestic abuse and violence. If you're triggered by these, I beg you to leave this chapter. Take care of your mental health please. U.U)

-------------------

France's POV

She climbed down the wall, being careful to put her feet into the right places, using the windows as a ladder. Today was one of those days, her father would get drunk and start yelling at everyone in the house, the workers trying to hide before the anger of their boss reached them in the form of insults and punches.

She escaped silently, hoping that nobody would be hurt when she made it back home tonight.

She ran through the city, the sky dark and cloudy above her, the thunders roaring in the distance. When rain started pouring she decided to take shelter on a little coffee shop.

She opened the door, the smell of coffee, tea and pastries filling the air. All the tables were full, except for one of them. A guy with a blue flag with some sort of white and red star was reading a book, reclining his head on the window. His clothes were casual, but somehow he had an air of elegance around him, even if he was just wearing a gray sweater with a white shirt under it and a pair of black pants. He was also using glasses which seemed to complete the picture.

She got close and touched his shoulder talking in the most friendly way she could.

"Hey there, I was wondering if I could take the seat in front of you"

The guy raised his head arching an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Aren't you going to take it anyway? It doesn't matter what I tell you"

She knew the reason behind that assumption. Now she could see that he was a beta, so he was probably used to be pushed around to do whatever alphas wanted from him. She sighed.

"No, if you want to be alone I'll completely understand it. You got here first, so you deserve to be able to read your book in peace. I'm sorry to have disturbed you"

She took a step towards the exit before hearing a soft laugh.

"Ok, you can sit here. It would be a shame if you had to face this awful weather anyway"

"Are you sure? I don't want to make you uncomfortable"

The guy smiled closing his book, and took a sip of his tea.

"There's nothing to worry about. I've already read this book a thousand times before. My name is United Kingdom, but you can call me Britain or UK if you want to"

She smiled and sat on the chair being careful to not wet it too much.

"My name is France, is a pleasure to meet you"

"The pleasure is mine. It is rare to find someone like you these days..."

She looked at the waiter and asked for a tea and cookies, thanking the girl when she came back.

"Yeah... Anyway what were you reading? If you don't mind me asking, of course"

Britain's eyes lighted up as he started talking excitedly. They ended talking about their favorite novels without realizing the time.

"I'm sorry, we're about to close"

The beta girl from earlier said, her head low and her voice unsure. France frowned before smiling kindly.