A familiar face (Reichpol bus AU)

Warning: This can get a little bit boring at parts XD idk why, I'm sorry.

-------------------------------

Poland's POV

He waited on the bus stop, playing with the threads of his scarf and tapping his foot impatiently. He raised the sleeve of his sweater looking at the watch on his wrist. How much time did he have?

He sighed, his breath forming a white cloud in the cold air that dissipated almost immediately. He rubbed his hands together, wishing that he hadn't lost the bus he wanted to take. His prayers were answered when the far away sound of a motor getting closer made him raise his head.

When the bus stopped in front of him, he climbed the stairs and looked for his favorite seat. He walked carefully to the back of the bus and opened the window.

It didn't matter if it was too cold, he always liked to feel the air on his face, even if that meant bringing a scarf with him everytime. He relaxed with the movement of the bus, starting to fall asleep as the minutes passed.

The sound of heavy steps climbing up the stairs of the bus made him wake up.

A tall country with a black, white and red rectangular flag was walking down the hallway, lowering his head and trying to sit in the other side of the row comfortably.

The face of the stranger was familiar at this point. They always took the same bus to their respective works, sometimes their gazes would cross paths and they would smile politely at each other.

Poland wouldn't admit it out loud, but he always made sure to take the bus at time to see the stranger. There was something in the elegant way the other carried himself that made him kind of attractive, always mysterious and silent. He had even started to seat in the last row of seats just to be able to see the other (after all, it was the only seats where the rather tall country could really sit comfortably).

Poland sighed, hiding half of his face on the scarf and looking out of the window. The city passed rapidly, the cold streets slowly wakening as the day started.

He got up when the bus neared his stop, taking a last look on the stranger. The man raised his head and smiled at him and Poland could feel his whole face blushing. He ran out of the bus, groaning in shame before shaking his head and walking to work.

-----------------------------------

He took off his circular glasses, raising his arms over his head and flinching at the cracking sound of his bones getting back into their places after the long day. His shift was finally over and all he wanted was to go home and lay on his bed, put a boring movie on the TV and sleep until the next day. But he couldn't do that, it wasn't that late yet and he needed to go to the bank.

Apparently the payment of the mortgage on his house didn't appear on the system and he needed to take some papers to the bank. And they were going to be opened just a few hours more.

He sighed, changing the job uniform to his normal clothes and walking down the street. He had looked for the location on Google maps, and now all he needed was to walk a few blocks and turn left. Easy.

He got there in a few minutes and he entered the enormous building with caution. After almost half an hour of waiting and almost falling asleep, he finally was called to a cubicle.

He jumped at the person in front of him. It was the stranger of the bus.

"Oh, it's you" the other said before smiling. "So, your name is Poland right?"

Poland nodded, sitting and opening his bag, trying to ignore the deep voice of his almost crush.

"What can I help you with?" The tall man in a suit finally said.