Meetings and a promise (Thirdunion pt 1)

(Warning: This chapter contains Thirdunion, it's fluff for a lot of time, but there's a little mention of child abuse, if you are not comfortable with this, I suggest you to skip this chapter. I put out a disclaimer. I do NOT support nazcism or any kind of fascism (it's bad bad!), this is meant to be an exploration of fictional characters in a fictional stage. UwU)

----------------------

It was a sunny day, the clouds moving slowly in the sky, forming figures of monsters and mythical creatures.

Third had escaped home to draw the stunning landscape, bored of his classes at the immense house and wanting to see the outside world for a little bit. His father was probably too busy to notice his absence and his brother was probably reading in the library unaware about his whereabouts.

He sketched light lines, making sure to not mess the delicate paper, focusing on capturing the fresh feeling of the wind blowing the tall and yellowish grass, the white clouds against the blue sky, the line of trees contrasting on the horizon. When he had a perfect sketch, he started painting everything with watercolors, being careful with every touch of the paint brush.

Half an hour passed and he ended his drawing, looking at it with pride. He set it apart to dry, and took his sketch book again. Just as he looked for something interesting to draw, the sight of someone caught his attention.

A boy ran through the tall grass, arms extended like an airplane and a big smile on his face showing a missing tooth. His skin was red and he had a golden eye.

He looked as the other for a moment before shrugging. It was good enough. He started sketching quickly, trying to capture the movement of the other. He looked down for a second just to raise his gaze and find the other falling into the ground disappearing under the grass.

He got up and walked cautiously to the spot, finding it empty. Where had he go?

A touch on his shoulder made him jump and scream in surprise. He turned around and found the other boy there a playful smile on his face.

"You know? It's rude to look at someone for that long before presenting yourself first"

"You almost gave me a heart attack!!!" Third responded holding his chest. "At least say you're sorry!"

"Hey! You scared me first! You were staring at me from the shadows like a creep!"

"That's not true! I was just drawing you"

The other looked shocked for a second before smiling a bigger smile than before.

"You draw??? Can I see???"

They walked back to his previous spot under a tree, the red guy jumping in excitement. He took his sketch book and showed him the little drawing.

"You are soo good at it!!!" The eyes of the stranger seemed to shine in amazement.

"It's not that great... I'm still learning"

"Not that great? I wish I could do that!"

"Why don't you try?"

The other seemed reluctant. Playing with the loose threads of his sweater.

"I don't want to ruin your sketchbook"

"Nonsense! I'll just buy another one! Here. You can have this one"

The other smiled a little smile, sitting with him under the tree. Third put some details into his previous landscape while the other drew.

After a little moment of silence, they started making small conversation, getting comfortable with eachother.

"What's your name? Oh! That's kind of rude. Isn't it? Mine is Third Reich or Nazi Germany"