Hot chocolate to cure your broken heart (Amerus)

(Warning: Mentions of suicide attempt and depression. This is kind of a vent chapter so if you feel triggered by this, just skip it... If you ever feel like this, please look for help... I know sometimes ending it all seems like the only answer, but I promise you there's always clear skies when the storm has passed.)

------------------

The rain poured as he stood there, just staring into the world below.

Life continued, as it always did. Stars shinned, clouds moved, cars drove by, people kept living their boring lives, the river continued flowing and rain poured on the streets.

He sighed.

There was something sad about wanting to end your life, just to notice that nobody would care.

There was no home to return to, no warm dinner to fill his empty stomach, no family to greet if he turned back. Everything he once cared about was gone, like the paper boats he used to make when he was a child, everything had gone to waste, beautiful memories falling into the drain.

He raised his head into the sky, allowing the rain to fall to his face, replacing the tears he couldn't cry.

The last time he actually cried had been long ago. Ever since his father's funeral, he had found himself unable to feel anything but despair, a constant feeling of emptiness on his chest, like a black hole that seemed to grow as the days passed. He had found himself devoid of any emotion or feeling, the darkness slowly creeping into his head, like black ink spilling into his mind, filling it with the desire to jump.

And now he was here, his feet hanging into the air while he seated at the edge of the bridge, the ears of his hat brushing his cheeks at the rhythm of the wind.

He got up, the storm almost making him fall.

A far away thunder fell into the distance, its echo resonating into the concrete forest that was the buzzing city below him, getting closer by the minute.

He heard a faint sound in the distance, distorted by the sound of the rain, but he decided to ignore it.

He took a step in front of him, his body falling...

...until he stopped...

He looked up just to see another country holding his arm, screaming at him to get back up, eyes tearing.

It was one of his old school classmates, America, his secret love of years.

He felt something on his chest jumping, a tight feeling tearing his heart apart, before a sob broke through his mouth, shaking him completely, a lake of tears forming on his eyes.

Before he could stop it he was just crying, still being held by the other.

"Ple-please, just let me g-go... I'm so tired, I can't, I can't... P-lease!"

The other just pulled him harder, trying to get him to stable ground.

"Ame-rica..." He said and the other stopped for a moment, looking at him with wide eyes. "Please let me d-die" he whispered with a broken sob.

"I won't give up on you! So help me here buddy, we can go for a hot chocolate after this, and we could talk in my house or watch a movie, or whatever you want. How does that sound?"

Russia felt the other pulling harder, and after a pair of minutes he gave up. The other pulled a last time and he climbed up, falling into the other's chest.

He kept his face on the jacket of the american, hugging him strongly before breaking completely.

He sobbed, his chest hurting and lungs convulsing as he cried all the tears he hadn't been able to cry for months, his arms holding America like a lifeline.