Forty Six

Harry Styles

I'm standing in the airport parking lot, laughing lightly before pulling out of my hug with Niall. I'm then met with Ruby's sad eyes, knowing she wishes she could stay longer. They have to leave today, though. Her and Liam have school, and Niall has work.

The entire car ride was filled with her asking where I vanished to last night. Her initial plan was to spend her time giving me a "proper goodbye", but then she got too caught up in bugging me about my disappearance. I haven't told her anything, though.

I don't think I've even fully grasped what happened yet.

Ruby wraps her arms around me, hugging me tightly like she'll never see me again. I laugh and hug her back, my right hand going to the back of her head and feeling her curly head of hair as she nuzzles into my chest and takes a deep breath.

"I'm still mad at you for keeping secrets from me." She laughs.

"I'm sorry. I'm never telling you."

"Asshole." She shakes her head against me before letting go of me.

I shrug with a small smile on my face, making her slap my arm.

"I'm trying to tell you that I'm going to miss you. Be serious for a second." She says.

"Okay, okay," I playfully roll my eyes, "Go."

"Don't have too much fun while I'm gone." She warns me.

"It's only until summer. I don't think you'll miss much. Call me when you finally decide on a house."

"It's a big decision, Harry. Forgive me for needing more than a week." She scoffs.

"I know, I know. I'm kidding. Take as long as you need."

"I love you." She takes her suitcase from Liam's hand, him sending me a wave.

"I love you, too."

"One more thing..." She has a mischievous look on her face as the guys start to walk away while she stays planted in her spot in front of me.

"What?"

"Tell Aubrey I said I hope she enjoyed her New Year's kiss!" She giggles before turning away from me, giving away that she knew where I was last night and still decided to bug me for the twenty minute ride here.

"You knew the whole time?" I laugh as she rushes to catch up with Liam and Niall.

"I always know!" she shouts, looking back at me and waving with a bright smile, "Don't fuck that up, by the way! Remember what I said a few days ago!"

I shake my head at her, fighting back a smile as I wave back. She then turns away from me. I watch them enter the airport before getting back into my car, turning it on and heading to my next stop.

The drive to Aubrey's isn't bad. Me alone with my music and thoughts, the usual. I pull into her driveway before I know it, walking up to the door and knocking on it.

I adjust the glasses on my face, eyes scanning everything around me like they do whenever I put them on. I'm embarrassed of how much I like them. They're definitely the best gift I've ever gotten. The brightness of every color around me is something I still haven't gotten used to, the different colors of nature shocking me every time I get a good look at them.

Nobody comes to the door for a minute, leaving me patiently waiting for some kind of response. I put my ear to the door, eyes widening when I hear her through the wood.

"Asher! No! You can't run with scissors!"

My brows furrow before I nosily push the door open since it's unlocked. It's not like I haven't done this before.