Seventy

Aubrey Hart

I'm beyond excited to be in New York, my suitcases being rolled behind me in my hold as I'm practically jumping for joy in the middle of this terminal.

Jumping is a bit of an exaggeration, but I have a noticeable bounce in my step as I walk ahead of everyone else through the doors toward the multiple nice cars waiting for us. There's a crowd of fans around it, which makes the smile on my face grow as I wave to them.

Because of past events, I can't go up and actually talk to them or touch them as I'd like to. It's a risk, and I understand that. I try to wave and talk from my place as a guard guides me to the correct car, our large group splitting to fill three separate vehicles.

We flew here on a private jet. I've only been on one a couple of times for trips like these that are work-related, but every time, it feels so weird to me. This one was Max's, and it was extremely nice just like they all are. Champagne, snacks, spread-out comfortable seating, and happy conversation are what filled the six hour flight. I felt very rich and famous, and I tend to forget that I'm both of those things.

The jet was large enough to fit everyone we needed. Max, Zayn, Harry, me, Louis, all of our different publicists and managers, Jade, and a few guards. The makeup artists, hairstylists, and our designer, Danielle have been here since the beginning of the week. Harry and I are finally going to put the outfits to use that we tried on in that fitting in October that ended in a typical fight.

That feels like a lifetime ago.

I bring my focus back to what's tangible in front of me, handing my suitcases to the driver like I'm told to and waving at the people crowding around me. I try to make eye contact with each one, saying hi, waving, or blowing kisses to every single person I look at.

My kind actions of gratitude for their support are cut off by being guided into the large black car and told to sit down. There are two rows of seating in this large vehicle, there being three seats in the very back and two more in front of that. I go for one of the two in the middle row, trying to look through the opened door and wave to more people.

Hary gets in shortly after me, and then Zayn, Louis, and Jade pile into the back row of three seats. I have an excited smile on my face, sharing a look with everyone but Harry because of where we're going now.

Ruby and Niall are waiting in our suite, and Harry's the only one who doesn't know about it. I wanted to make sure it was a good idea, needing to be sure he would be okay with it even though I have no idea why he wouldn't be. Louis and Zayn both said he's going to be very happy about it, so I'm even more excited.

Once all of our luggage is loaded into the trunk, the driver quietly gets into the car and starts driving with no acknowledgment to us besides a kind nod out of courtesy. I send him a smile back, trying not to bounce around too much in my seat.

The air here is obviously much cooler than that of LA, causing the heat to need to be on full blast as my body recovers from the walk from the door to the car. I'm in a pair of plain black leggings with a white long sleeve and oversized pink zip-up over it, my hair being loosely braided by Harry when everybody else was sleeping on the flight.

I told everyone that I did it so he didn't feel embarrassed about it, but I was really just sitting and talking to him while he did all of the work. I was too excited to sleep like everyone else, and he wasn't tired, so it worked out well.

The day feels wasted now, the time difference making it 4:00 pm even though it was 7:00 am when we left. We still have the whole day tomorrow for recreation, though, along with a few days after the premiere as well.