Fifty Five

Aubrey Hart

Jade and I are getting ready for this thing together at my house. I don't really feel like going, especially with the amount of texts I've been getting for the past week, but it isn't up to me.

Sadly, this is for work, meaning I don't have a choice. Harry and Zayn are riding together to pick us up, and they'll be here in less than ten minutes. You'd think that would mean we're ready, but it doesn't.

Before getting ready, we had a few drinks to prep for the party. We really didn't think that one through, because being intoxicated while trying to do your makeup makes each action take a lot more concentration to do correctly.

We're both rushing our actions in my bathroom frantically, knowing we're on a time crunch and panicking about it. I'm still running a curling iron through my hair to give it a light natural wave while Jade is touching up her eyeliner.

I finally finish, running my fingers through the curls to make them more natural-looking. I unplug the device and look over my outfit in the mirror, dragging my pinkie beneath my bottom lip to collect any excess lipgloss.

I decided to stray away from my usual suit and put on a dress tonight, my eyes running over the tight white strapless mini with silver buttons running up the front. I wear a light blue faux fur coat to keep myself warm in the January air, a crystal necklace around my neck that matches the silver of my rings. I paired the clothing with some white high boots with heels on them. The boots look thin against my calves, almost like socks.

 The boots look thin against my calves, almost like socks

I think I look pretty good. I'm gonna have to take the coat off if I actually dance tonight, but it's too cold to go out in just a strapless dress.

Jade finishes up around the same time as me, tossing her eyeliner into her makeup bag with a huff. I chuckle as my eyes run over her outfit, her tight red dress with long sleeves looking great with her red lip and red heels. There's a mesh material on part of the torso, small red crystals decorating the see-through fabric.

"You look hot." I state once I've fully looked at her.

"Are you sure it's good enough?" She asks in insecurity, this being her first time going out in public with Zayn. She's never been papped with him before, but that's certainly happening tonight.

"Yes! He's gonna love it, and so is every jealous girl that sees you with him whether they admit it or not." I assure her.

"Okay," she breathes out in relief with a nod, "You look hot, too."

"Thanks." I smirk a bit and fluff up my hair.

Before we can say anything else, my phone vibrates, making my stomach drop as my attention goes to the device in the counter. I quickly pick it up before Jade has a chance to see anything, hoping desperately that it's just Harry saying they're here.